Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size rims will I need to buy...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
futuresoptions
Thanks for all the help yesterday with my suspension question guys! pray.gif

I pretty much was able to fill in the rest of my build sheet on my own, but the last
item that I need to fill in I know nothing about...

I want to use the black centered 5-lug SC Fuchs on my car but don't know what
size I will need.

I am planning on purchasing the steel flares from AA, and I would like to use
16" Fuchs, What I would like to know is...

What size width front rim to buy...

Whar size width rear rim to buy...

I prefer to not use spacers if I can get away with it, but I would like to fill in the flares. I also would prefer not to deal with any clearance issues from going too
wide....

Would like to know what is common... and what works well....

Thanks in advance...
pete-stevers
i will be running 16x 7s and 8s with my flares
225s up front and 245s in the back
but i may need to space a bit with the 7s up front...
but you could go 8s all around
Eric_Shea
Depends on how accurate you want to be with the GT thing.

7&8x15 would be spot on. It's harder to find big rubber for 15's though.

7&8x16 would work. One thing to consider is offset. A 911 8" will fit nicely in the rear. I believe a 944 8" will require some spacers.

Spacers are "generally" required up front unless you get 8's there as well. The factory GT parts book has a few spacers listed.
futuresoptions
Thanks very much guys!!!
burton73
I have bought 911 turbo 8" and 9" for the front and rears so I should not need spacers. This is from 2 different sets. One set was 6” and 8” from a special edition 911, and I bought a set of 7” and 9” from a 911 Turbo. I ended up with a few extra wheels that I will sell some time. You will need to spend some time looking for these if you go with the real Fuchs as there pricing has been going up for the last few years. Cash is king thought now so it is hard to tell what you will need to pay.

Have your wheels or at least a 7” to fit your flares to the body when you put them on, as each car is a little different. I used an 8” to center the flares over the tire.

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.