Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 GT build sheet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
futuresoptions
Okay, with the help of the board I have been able to come up with a basic build sheet for the car I will be purchasing and starting on... Thanks for all of the input that has gotten me to this point.

I will be taking this list that I have made and will be breaking down into a TO DO list and a PARTS TO BUY list. If you can think of anything that I should add or consider please feel free to chime in.... I feel pretty confident on what is needed for the 6 conversion... and will let PMB guide me when I am ready on the rear brake / 5 lug conversion... Will probably be going with a Rennshift setup...

I am considering a Motor Meister 914-6 kit, but I am hesitant as I have heard some negatives about them.. Is there anyone else that may provide this service/kit or should I just find a low mileage 3.2, slap some PMO's on it and purchase parts individually to complete my conversion.

PORSCHE 914-6 GT Project

Car:

1973-1976 914 Rust free as possible. (Strip her to the Bones)

Mechanicals:

Install new fuel line and pump, replace all wiring in car, install
electric washer pump, install stainless clutch & accelerator cable,
petronix ignitor, relocate battery to front trunk(Red top).

Engine:

3.2L Twin Carbs, headers, quad tips out rear..

Tranny:

Beefed up and rebuilt 901 side shifter. premium upgraded shifter
and components to tranny.

Paint/Body:

Steel GT flares from Automobile Atlanta, front and rear
spoilers. Complete paint and body job with premium chassis stiffening
kit installed...

Suspension Front:

Either install 911SC or 930 front suspension, should drop right in.
930 is more expensive, but has larger calipers, drilled rotors and
turbo tie rods. 911SC with turbo tie rods would be just fine. Plan
replacing any bushings, bearings, and strut inserts. Possible upgrade
on sway bar..

Suspension Rear:

Contact PMB Performance for the 5-lug conversion/brake information,
Beefed up/reuilbt/new trailing arms. Replace springs, bushings, bearings and strut inserts. Install heavy duty cv shafts.

Interior: Black-mainly stock..

Wheels/Tires:

16" Black 911 Fuch's 7" in front, 8" rear
pete-stevers
motor miester....bad news blues
do a search on them on pelican
here is one such thread
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....t=motor+meister
burton73
Bill,

The 3.2 with the factory injection is great. You will spend $3,500 or so for the PMO carbs. and manifolds or you can get great performance if you let Steve Wong tune your chip for the 914-6 headers and muffler set up you use. I have a Steve chip in my 86 Carrera 3.2 and my car passes smog in California and I do not run a catalytic converter on it just a Dansk clear pipe. If the people do not see it I am fine. My car has power across the power band with an increase in lower end power all the way up to red line. The Wong chip was the biggest bang for the buck at a $100. When I got it. He programs the chip on his computer. He is close to me so I just drove over to him. Nice guy as well.

Smog will not be an issue for you because of the year, but the point is he can tune the injection to do what you need in the chip and it will be great. With headers it should be well over 230 HP as that is what my car is set to put out with stock pipe no headers.

This can save you a lot of money.

Bob
davep
Do a search here and on Pelican to get a good rundown on MM.

It looks like you have a pretty good plan overall.
Todd Enlund
Sounds good. I'm doing a modernized GT theme, with a big type IV. Don't get stuck on the '73-'76... you can convert an early car to a side shifter, and the doors weigh less.
rfuerst911sc
If you use Motor Meister for the engine you don't need any list, you'll be spending years to get it right dry.gif Seriously please use someone reputable or your build will be a nightmare. If you're going to strip it down to bare chassis and rebuild/replace everything that needs to be done your looking at 15,000.00 or so. Good luck. beerchug.gif
MikeSpraggi
Bill before commenting on your plan (which seems fine generically), how will the car be used? Daily driver, autocrosser, DE track car? Depending on how the car is used there may be suggestions and/or modifications to your list.
SirAndy
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 23 2008, 07:19 PM) *

The 3.2 with the factory injection is great.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.