Looks like a Cayenne, 997, and a Boxster had a threesome icon8.gif barf.gif
Jerry
I hope that isn't accurate !!!
Lou W
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Nov 23 2008, 10:38 PM) *

Looks like a Cayenne, 997, and a Boxster had a threesome icon8.gif barf.gif

biggrin.gif
carr914
For the life of me, I can't understand why Porsche comes up with this shit. Every car they do, has to have a 911 visual to it. That why I think the VW Toereg looks so much better than the Cayenne.

Add to that Porsche hired a Saab designer and he helped create this ugly POS. I'm sure he is responsible for the hidious rear end.

T.C.
rick 918-S
What a joke! icon8.gif Looks like a 911 with a Saab back half. Porsche is so afaid of repeting the NARP stigma they can't bring themselves to build an original style. confused24.gif screwy.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 23 2008, 09:27 PM) *

For the life of me, I can't understand why Porsche comes up with this shit. Every car they do, has to have a 911 visual to it. That why I think the VW Toereg looks so much better than the Cayenne.

Add to that Porsche hired a Saab designer and he helped create this ugly POS. I'm sure he is responsible for the hidious rear end.

T.C.

I agree ... it was kind of like ford trying to put the 'oval' in everything from the cluster to the stereo... we see where it got them.

Eric Taylor
looks like a masarati quatroporte with a 997 front end. Where is the motor in that thing anyway?
dlo914
I think if they did away with the rear hatch it would look more like a proper sedan. I played with the idea on Photoshop and came up with this:
PeeGreen 914
I may be a sick bastard but I really don't think it is as bad as some of you are making it. Sure Porsche should stay out of some markets but this really isn't as bad as some cars in this class.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 23 2008, 11:18 PM) *

I may be a sick bastard but I really don't think it is as bad as some of you are making it. Sure Porsche should stay out of some markets but this really isn't as bad as some cars in this class.

agree.gif Before I make my final judgement ( I know you all are waiting for that biggrin.gif ) I want to see one in person.
DNHunt
Pregnant 997
zambezi
I can get by the looks on the outside but the true test is how is it arranged on the inside. Is there really 4 door spaces inside. It will have to compete with mercedes and bmw and they have true 4door room inside. If someone buys it they will spend most of their time looking at the inside so that needs to be right. The interior looks are what sold me on the 996 over the 993. I could have afforded either but chose the 996 due to the fact the interiior is so much more up to date. The interiors of vehicles today really are so much a part of their appeal.
JIM
So.Cal.914
Some people just want four doors, like my Wife.

I like it.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
The 3/4 shot isn't that bad, but the side on shot looks like something a dog delivered on the lawn. confused24.gif
brer
I think this is a really neat car.
could be better, but I have a feeling it will evolve into a more individual typology for Porsche as the years go by.

Dr. Roger
QUOTE(Eric Taylor @ Nov 23 2008, 10:27 PM) *

looks like a masarati quatroporte with a 997 front end. Where is the motor in that thing anyway?

It's funny until we find out the engine is in the front! WTF.gif

But seriously....
Porsche makes comfortable 4 and 5 passenger vehicles now. Why not a sedan that carries 4 adults comfortably? And will stomp a M5. Or can't they do it??? poke.gif
RiqueMar
I kinda like it. Reminds me of something a Soccer mom would have, instead of the mini-van, like those BMW wagons.
7TPorsh
Could a 928 2+2 be next..

Click to view attachment
dw914er
it has to grow on me. I probably will never own one myself though
GeorgeRud
Aw, come on now, we like the 914's shape, so who are we to judge style! biggrin.gif
buck toenges
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Nov 23 2008, 10:44 PM) *

I think if they did away with the rear hatch it would look more like a proper sedan. I played with the idea on Photoshop and came up with this:

Porsche should hire you for design.
JmuRiz
I like the out of the box thinking, but I'm not sure many looking for a luxury sportscar 4-door will really utilize a hatchback.

Give it a black paint job above the belt-line and a fixed rear spoiler and it could be a winner.

People love the 928 shape, this sure seems similar to me....

BTW carbon ceramic brakes, 500 hp TT V8, AWD and a PDK transmission sure sound like it'll be a hell of a drive. I'll hold out final judgment till I see one in person.
jgara962
Another loser.

icon8.gif
ottox914
That front 3/4 view is much better than the side view. I'd still like to see the real deal, but as I will never have the $$$ to own one, my opinion counts for like, .0001 of an actual opinion. I can appreciate the NARP thing, and the thoughts behind the family genes showing thru, but to me it really looks like the front of a Porsche glued to the back of some odd sedan. Something you'd make if you were 12 yrs old and had two plastic model car kits to build and were really bored.
ericread
AutoWeek reports the following:

Porsche will assemble the Panamera at its Leipzig, Germany, plant using body shells built and painted at a Volkswagen plant in Hanover and engines from Porsche's plant in Zuffenhausen. Porsche said it has a sales target of 20,000 Panameras a year.

The body is beng manufactured at the VW plant in Hanover? Another NARP?? lol3.gif

Eric Read
melnyk
i really like it. like a long 928?
Midtowner
QUOTE(ericread @ Nov 24 2008, 03:23 PM) *

AutoWeek reports the following:

Porsche will assemble the Panamera at its Leipzig, Germany, plant using body shells built and painted at a Volkswagen plant in Hanover and engines from Porsche's plant in Zuffenhausen. Porsche said it has a sales target of 20,000 Panameras a year.

The body is beng manufactured at the VW plant in Hanover? Another NARP?? lol3.gif

Eric Read

laugh.gif
Midtowner
I think we got dissed by FLD. See today's video at 1:30.

http://www.fastlanedaily.com/

sad.gif

plymouth37
QUOTE(melnyk @ Nov 24 2008, 04:44 PM) *

biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
HCRDAN
yeah, just like that, clearly the guy who designs rear ends still has not retired...

The Panamera is quite acceptable from the rear wheels forward, its the butt end that needs work, just like that 928 XL edition.

Compared to the Aston beerchug.gif
http://www.seriouswheels.com/2006/2006-Ast...FS-1024x768.htm

and Lambo competition piratenanner.gif
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/paris-2008-...e-live/1071860/

the Panamera is butt ugly (pun intended) WTF.gif

dlo914
After watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APxoHfVsFXc...player_embedded of the Panamera being driving around i actually like the looks of the car in real life.
turboman808
I am wanting to get a 4 door car this year. Something for when I have family over.

In a sea of blandness this stands out. 4 door sedans are are ugly anyways. Chrysler 300 looks cool with some nice wheels.

But I am gonna go with a 1970 jaguar xj6. IMO the best looking 4 door luxury car ever! The only one that looks good from the back.
tdgray
Butt Ass Ugly

carreraguy
Looks to me like Porsche designers need more imagination; looks too much like other Porsches. I'd rather see them spend their efforts on a different looking "affordable" Porsche. Didn't we see something about a mid-engine 914-type car? I wonder where that project is?
brer
the new 914 will help free them from the 911 chains that bind them.
Wilhelm
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Nov 24 2008, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(melnyk @ Nov 24 2008, 04:44 PM) *

biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

This Maroon long 928 looks like an amc pacer!
bembry
My wife and I saw one of those ugly turds outside of Stuttgart about a month ago. It had all the test-car stuff on it (bras, disguised taillights, etc), but it was pretty much what you see on the first pic.

YUCK. stromberg.gif icon8.gif
effutuo101
Does somebody want to do some NASCAR racing paint schemes? it is not a long hop into that market with this car.....

popcorn[1].gif
EdwardBlume
Sure, its a Porsche for people unlike me who can afford it, but I'll want one eventually. biggrin.gif
dlestep
...every time Porsche gets a new guy this crap happens...thinking that Porsche wants to be like all the others with SUVs, 924s, 928s and 944s. Two different guys were responsible for that crap. It's always some guy outside the family that drives the plant to build BS for the world market, like Porsche needs a diverse model lineup...look at GM...all crap. If I want to float down the road with everyone in the whole fam damily, I'll use my FORD Explorer...

Lets think about the begining...(#001)...lightweight construction, aero-dynamic, low profile, with only a steering wheel, pedal cluster, pertinent gauging, mid-ship engine, seating for two only and an "oh shit handle" for the passenger. And oh yes, I forgot, a rear view mirror.

PORSCHE doesn't mean "four doors", doesn't mean "for the masses", doesn't mean "grocery getter".
The only wood in a Porsche is an "eye brow" on one of the 356s and the condition of the driver while trying to negotiate a turn under power.

Porsches don't have to look like a 356 > 911, hence the 550, RS60, 904GTS, Carrera Abarth, 914, Carrera GT...

Kick them bastards out of there and let them *^&*$ up some other car manufacturer. type.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.