Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 makes it into WreckedExotics.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
That is one of our members after he did a head over heels flip with his wife in the car at the Targa Newfoundland.

KELTY360
That was from that Nova Scotia rally I think. The owner posts here sometimes.

edit: Yeah, what Rich said.
r_towle
Here is his site and the whole story of the wreck

http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/

You may appreciate the fact that he did finish the race in that car...after alot of metal work at the pits.

Rich
plymouth37
Glad to hear they were OK. On the bright side it's nice to hear that we own "exotic" cars!
r_towle
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Nov 24 2008, 08:40 PM) *

Glad to hear they were OK. On the bright side it's nice to hear that we own "exotic" cars!

Go to his site and read the story...truely amazing.
the most amazing thing was what his wrench did...the car was back on the road in short order.

A 5 lbs sledge and a big dolly.

I am happy they were ok, but if you look at the cage and safety equipment.....they were well protected.

Rich
ConeDodger
Not only was it back on the road in short order, I think it actually either made parade this year or narrowly missed it (Which would be appropriate for a NAROESCAPE racer)

So now we have exotic cars... I guess if we'is impotent we gots to act impotent!
Rusty
Yep... saw that car at the Rocket City Ramble.

The owners (Bob and Nadine) are great folks... the car is beautiful today... I would have never guessed what happened to it. wub.gif

-Rusty
TeenerTim
dupe with no pic
TeenerTim
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 24 2008, 08:55 PM) *

Not only was it back on the road in short order, I think it actually either made parade this year or narrowly missed it (Which would be appropriate for a NAROESCAPE racer)

So now we have exotic cars... I guess if we'is impotent we gots to act impotent!

It was at the Parade in Charlotte this year.
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Rocket City Ramble. Huey is lookin good!

Oh, BTW: I emailed Sandy a link to the story. She responded by saying..., #1 -- you don't name a car a boy's name -- that was the problem!
Brett W
Saw that car locally at the Ramble. Very nice car. Can't believe they put it back together. I would have just found another tub and started over.
r_towle
QUOTE(Brett W @ Nov 25 2008, 12:35 PM) *

Saw that car locally at the Ramble. Very nice car. Can't believe they put it back together. I would have just found another tub and started over.

I suspect the cage held all the important points in the right position and the rest is just hammer, dolly, bondo and paint.

Rich
naro914
Hey all,
yep, Huey's back together as you can see. Bill Dunster our body guy/mechanic/McGyver, etc made it actually run pretty well after that "shunt" as they call it in Europe... Bill's also a 914 owner so he knows what he's working with.

He's currently getting a 2.7 engine installed. The 2.5 we had in RCR was a bit too much a race engine and really liked to be in the upper RPM range. This one should be much better.

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 25 2008, 09:28 AM) *

#1 -- you don't name a car a boy's name -- that was the problem!

Well, I guess we're screwed then...our other 914's name is Papa Smurf!

Huey performed great in Targa 2006, we finished 11th overall, even with a balky shifter (never had one of those in a 914, huh?)

Oh, and look at this... VERY COOL!! Huey is famous now, made into a Video Game!! I ran across this today...

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=14708
rick 918-S
Wow! that skin is cool! Sandy and I were admiring Huey at the RCR. It's even more of a gem to see it repaired after the endo. Just shows what can be done with an experienced and talented tech.
Drums66
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Nov 24 2008, 05:40 PM) *

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.