Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slightly O/T
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris H.
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is a gag or not, but just take a read on this one... this guy tried to "port and polish" his Audi engine... by forcing sand through the air intake...with the engine running and in the car...

Sandblast

The name.... is DUMASS
seanery
TOTALLY FAKE!

nice story though.

I remember the time I put Hydrogen in my tires....
Jeroen
Now THAT's one funny post biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
silver six
I think the story would have been more convincing if the author had misspelled his words and had used poor grammar. His grammar was excellent and the document looked spellchecked. The other problem with the story is that the author's friend was a Honda mechanic, in which case there's no way they would have dumped sand in the engine. I have a Honda and dumping sand in the engine is not in the workshop manual. The third problem with the story is that the engine would have died after just a little sand. A half-bag of sand would not have fit.

Funny story, though.

Douglas
Chris H.
Yeah I didn't have much time to analyze it, but now that I look at it more closely it's an obvious fake. I like the "check engine light" part biggrin.gif
kdfoust
Ya gotta love a good troll. The follow on responses are funnier than the original post. All you can say is: "suckers!" happy11.gif
Curvie Roadlover
reminds me of the old autocrossing 914 limo thread from the PP BBS a while back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.