yokohamo s drive
fusion zri
sumitomo htrz
avon tech m500
general exclaim
dunlop direzza dz101

anyone got any of these?
thoughts?
is there a big difference between the two sizes?
I drive the car for fun, rarely in the wet, never in winter and am looking for more performance.
thanks, Matt
IronHillRestorations
I had an older version of the Yoko AVS, and loved em. Not a high mileage tire though. I'd stay away from Generals.
mattp
same size?
blitZ
I have the fusion zri in 205/55. Great tires, wear well, stick well in wet and dry. Good tire for the money.
mattp
QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 25 2008, 11:20 AM) *

I have the fusion zri in 205/55. Great tires, wear well, stick well in wet and dry. Good tire for the money.

why the 205/55 not 205/50 or 205/60?
blitZ
QUOTE(mattp @ Nov 25 2008, 02:37 PM) *

why the 205/55 not 205/50 or 205/60?

50s are a bit short for street tires, high rpm cruising on the highway.
60s are too tall.
55s are just right.
I am running the BFG's in 205/55/16.
I think they are a very good all around performance tire.

I also have Falcon Azenas(older version) in same size that I AX with. I would not recomend these for all around driving.

I also think the 55 size is the best looking sitting under the fender wells.

Ken
kart54
I have the Yokohoma AVS on my Jensen Healey. The JH is used for the same thing your planning for your car. Best tire I ever had. I always thought the ride on the JH was rock hard due to the shocks an sway bars. The JH has very limited travel.
Put the AVS's on and I suddenly had a new car. Stuck like glue and road like a newer model sports car; extremely smooth. I drive the car only during the summer but have had no wear problems. I would highly recommend them.
Kart54
Justinp71
The Yokohama AVS is a good all around tire, but they are not the best for autocrossing but they last long.

The sumitomo htrz is a pretty good all around tire too, but I think the Yoko AVS is probably better.
computers4kids
For tires, I bought a set of BF Goodrich 205/45/16 Z rated sports from Costco. Great deal, they gave me an instant 60 dollar rebate from BF Goodrich and the tires ended up costing me 381 out the door balanced and all--which I felt was a great deal for a quality tire. Tip: Had to bring the rims in and say the tires were going on a 911 to get Costco to mount them (policy...only mount stock tires) LOL.
I have never driven them in the rain.
IPB Image
IPB Image
carr914
I have had the Avon M500 in 205/50/15 on my Honda Civic, good tire, but wore out pretty fast. I now have the Dunlop Direzza's in the same size, they wear better and I think the handling is good.

I have the BFG g-Force Sport in 215/50/15 & 225/50/15 on a set of rims for my 914-6, very good tire.

T.C.
Gint
I'm using the g-force sports in 195/55 on 7" wheels. FYI for a given tire size these particular BFG'a are fatter than most tires at the actual tread width than most other tires in the same size. Actually measure different brands of tires in the same size and you'll see what I mean.
highways
The BF G-force's have a wear factor of 380. Check out the new Dunlop Sport Z1's... wear factor 200. I just upgraded to some and they'z supar sticky icky!!
EdwardBlume
I likewise had the prior Yokohama AVS tires. They were soft smooth, and did well with AX / Street for 8-10K miles.
dempwolf@pctribe.com
Let me ask a question directly related to the above thread with the following details. I have 225-Z50 R15 on the back and 205' on the front on 7" and 8" rims. The car was set up for racing and the ride is not enjoyable, I need to make a change or the car will become a garage queen. The fenders are pulled to get those tires and rims on the car. Thought for a time to get 6" and 7" rims to make certain a taller aspect ratio tire like an R-55 instead of the Z50's that are on the car now would make for a better ride, but I would hate to go and spend a ton of money and then find the ride not much better. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Karl
Chris Hamilton
I use 205/50R15 falken azenis rt615s on both my cars. On my daily driver they're awesome for quick stops and in the wet. On my 914 they're pretty good for autocross, but you can overheat the rears if you're too hard with the loud pedal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.