Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DISTRIBUTOR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
6freak
Can someone help me find one or know where to get one ....Seattle Tacoma area any help would be great....Its needed bad...Thanks to all.....1975 1.7...??.are they all the same for the 4 cyclinder cars
Root_Werks
FI or carb'd? If for a carb'd engine I have one you can buy it's brand new for $40.
6freak
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Nov 25 2008, 12:52 PM) *

FI or carb'd? If for a carb'd engine I have one you can buy it's brand new for $40.

so they are not all the same! I will find out tonite and get back with you ..Thanks Dan
davep
There was no 1.7 in 1975. Are you very sure? What are the part #'s on the one you are replacing?
6freak
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 25 2008, 02:57 PM) *

There was no 1.7 in 1975. Are you very sure? What are the part #'s on the one you are replacing?

I try to get hold of the guy last nite!( no luck) I do know its a 1.7 its badged that way but i thought he said it was a 75.Hes a neighbor that i just meet for the first time after seeing the car running around i finaly caught up to him at the gas station.he claims hes mechanic is haveing a hard time keep`n it timed and it needs a new distributor. I will know more soon but it will be after Turkey day I`m sure ......Thanks for the replies
Root_Werks
When you find out, let us know. The big thing is if the 914 is FI or carb'd. FI requires the L-Jet or D-Jet Dist and a carb'd car can run something like a mech adv 009 dist and so on.
tod914
There is a brand new 1.7 distrib on ebay right now. $279 or bo.
6freak
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 26 2008, 01:50 PM) *

There is a brand new 1.7 distrib on ebay right now. $279 or bo.

thanks all ..talk with you after T-day.....Ill have more info
johnnie5
I am selling an almost new dist. with Pertronix. Has new wires, cap, and rotor $75 + sh

Came out of a carb'd '75 1.8L
6freak
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Nov 26 2008, 11:51 AM) *

When you find out, let us know. The big thing is if the 914 is FI or carb'd. FI requires the L-Jet or D-Jet Dist and a carb'd car can run something like a mech adv 009 dist and so on.

Ok i got the correct info now.Its a 75..1.8 FI ....I would have bet my last pay check it was a 1.7...... but anywho the man has owned it since brand new its in great shape has 200K on the clock hes got all the paper work and all the records.and yes i tryed to get him to sale it to me but he said its been such a good reliable car he dos not want to part with it.So i told him i would help him find stuff that needs to be replaced or fixed up ....Thanks for all the help ...HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE
6freak
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Nov 26 2008, 02:19 PM) *

I am selling an almost new dist. with Pertronix. Has new wires, cap, and rotor $75 + sh

Came out of a carb'd '75 1.8L

Cool but i dont know if that will work.Someone will chime in soon and let me know ....Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.