Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Different Parts on the Same Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914Sixer
I bought a 75 one owner car with 60K on it. Car had never been wrecked or painted. I am in the process of disassembly. I have found some intresting items so far. The vent glass and passenger door are tinted with VW logo. Drivers door glass has VWAudi logo.

When I removed the wiper rack I really got a suprise. It was a 914-6 rack that had been redrilled to use the later 4 motor. It had a foil tag over the -6 tag but it fell off when I took it out.

Seatbelt covers have VW/Audi logo with VW Beetle part numbers.

Engine is a 1.8. The emissions label is on the fan housing not the driverside wall. Valve adjustment sticker is on housing also.

Waiting to see what else turns up.

I will try and get pictures in the afternoon tomorrow.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 25 2008, 08:00 PM) *

I bought a 75 one owner car with 60K on it. Car had never been wrecked or painted. I am in the process of disassembly. I have found some intresting items so far. The vent glass and passenger door are tinted with VW logo. Drivers door glass has VWAudi logo.

When I removed the wiper rack I really got a suprise. It was a 914-6 rack that had been redrilled to use the later 4 motor. It had a foil tag over the -6 tag but it fell off when I took it out.

Seatbelt covers have VW/Audi logo with VW Beetle part numbers.

Engine is a 1.8. The emissions label is on the fan housing not the driverside wall. Valve adjustment sticker is on housing also.

Waiting to see what else turns up.

I will try and get pictures in the afternoon tomorrow.

Like so many other Porsche models, when the factory knew a model was about to be dead, they did the most cost effective thing - pull everything off the shelves that can be used (lower inventory levels). They did it with 356 engines (original 912), and later 914 engines (912E). I'm fairly certain they did it with other models.

Let's face it - the first 914's were parts department bastard children, so why not the last? Clear the shelves!
Pat
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 25 2008, 05:00 PM) *

I bought a 75 one owner car ...Engine is a 1.8. The emissions label is on the fan housing not the driverside wall. Valve adjustment sticker is on housing also.

I have seen this before on the 1975 cars. First photo from a 1975 2.0L, second photo from a 1975 1.8L
monkeyboy
Doesn't surprise me one bit. VW did it also. They did running changes as they ran out of parts, and things that never were supposed to be showed up in cars commonly.
jsaum
While we're along these lines of questions I've been trying to figure out what size motor is in the 72 I have. I know it was taken out of another car. I found a list of engine numbers online at the evil empire located in Atlanta my engine number has the VW emblem stamp then followed by W0070151. It is located on top just to one side of the case split line. Not back by the oil breather like I have seen on other engines. Any ideas?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsaum @ Jan 8 2009, 08:04 PM) *

Any ideas?

http://www.914world.com/specs/engnumbs.php
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.