Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engman/Jwest fuse blocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CliffBraun
I am considering eliminating the block on my car and replacing it with something closer to what's demanded. Mainly eliminating superfluous fuses.
I've found blocks that I believe have the same manufacturer as the engman and jwest blocks. Some of the fuses in the early car are for far higher numbers than the blocks are supposed to support. Has anyone had any issues?
banger
You can buy the fuse blocks from Waytek wire. You will need to come up with your own mount though.
CliffBraun
QUOTE(banger @ Nov 25 2008, 09:37 PM) *

You can buy the fuse blocks from Waytek wire. You will need to come up with your own mount though.

Yes, but the block is spec'd for 15A on a fuse and is being used for nearly twice that.

Edit:
Actually, it's just fused for twice the current, not sure about the draw, and I can't measure at the moment.

2nd edit:
Some maths make me believe I'm being kinda paranoid and that the block is only fused so high so you don't blow a fuse on the lights turning on or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.