Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some 356 help.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twise
I know there are a few 356 guys here on the board, so I am sending out a call for help. I have exhausted my sources looking for an upper hood latch for a 1964 356. For some reason I don't have the original latch and this guy had his hood fly open at speed. Hopefully someone can lay hands on one for me, or point me in the right direction.

I have tried:

STODDARDS
EASY SALVAGE
PARTS HEAVEN

And about a dozen guys I know with parts cars. HELP.....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Twise @ Nov 26 2008, 02:32 PM) *

I know there are a few 356 guys here on the board, so I am sending out a call for help. I have exhausted my sources looking for an upper hood latch for a 1964 356. For some reason I don't have the original latch and this guy had his hood fly open at speed. Hopefully someone can lay hands on one for me, or point me in the right direction.

I have tried:

STODDARDS
EASY SALVAGE
PARTS HEAVEN

in stock brand new.
Twise
Shoot - I always forget about you guys when it comes to other than 914 stuff. I am calling in a few minutes George.

Thanks alot...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Twise @ Nov 26 2008, 02:57 PM) *

Shoot - I always forget about you guys when it comes to other than 914 stuff. I am calling in a few minutes George.

Thanks alot...

That is what I thought! I love 356s and was raised on them. I own personally a 60 roadster a 61 roadster a 60 cabriolet and just recently finished the restoration of a 1965 sc that I am very proud of! I really needed the hood latching mechanisms top and bottom so searched hard and finally found them new in Germany!
Twise
This is for a customers car, but I see a Pre A in my future. I also was raised around 356's. My father repaired quite a few of them at Stoddards in the 70's. George I have given your number to both of my parts managers. They will be in touch for the early stuff. I am on-hold right now waiting for the latch. Nice message you got there - Happy Thanksgiving....
r_towle
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 26 2008, 05:12 PM) *

and just recently finished the restoration of a 1965 sc that I am very proud of!

cough cough.....bs...cough cough

Rich
r_towle
QUOTE(Twise @ Nov 26 2008, 04:32 PM) *

I have tried:

STODDARDS
EASY SALVAGE
PARTS HEAVEN

In the future dont forget
Al Zim New and used
Parker Tyler Used

Both are on the vendor board at the 356 registry.org site.

Rich
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Twise @ Nov 26 2008, 02:23 PM) *

..., but I see a Pre A in my future.

Trev, um.... are you sure you'll fit? poke.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
zambezi
I second the recommendation for Parker Tyler. Great guy and has lots of stuff. Even the unique pre-A stuff. Heres a pic of the pre-A I recently sold.
championgt1
Zambezi,

That is a beautiful car!!! drooley.gif
zambezi
Thanks, heres a couple I restored for my boss.
zambezi
Heres the current project
r_towle
Nice job on those cars...
What is the story on that car on the table there???
Wanna Sell it?
Just an FYI....we are selling two projects.

a 58 A coupe (light blue)
A 60 T5 Super all matching...midnight blue/tan (COA) special request color

I'll add a few eye candy pics in a minute.

Rich
r_towle
Sold at Hershey last year.
Really nice Ox Blood leather interior/Ivory exterior....it was like sitting in a high end suit case...
Rich
r_towle
I found this car in Russia at a shop....who woulda thunk.

Notice a few of the special mods...its pretty subtle but cool.

Rich
buck toenges
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 27 2008, 08:37 AM) *

I found this car in Russia at a shop....who woulda thunk.

Notice a few of the special mods...its pretty subtle but cool.

Rich

I thought that was a picture some artist did a few years ago.
Buck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.