Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fedex truck just left
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
ok. when i figure out how they assemble, how do you folks approximate the close starting length. i realize i have to drive around a bit to settle things out/in. to change the setting i'll have to take the weight off(car up) to run the clamp up or down. i'll measure the current heigth and try to duplicate. this could get a bit tedious with the up and down and driving around.

kevin
J P Stein
Boxes?
I got some, also. laugh.gif

I need one more box from Colman Racing....
After getting some info from Chris C, I got their rear coil kit.

One problem that Chris mentioned is the threaded collar is too large for the shock body(Bilsteins) and the collar spins on the body when the nut is tightened. Shock is 1.995 OD and their smallest ID collar is 2.04. Went & bought 1 each sheet of .020 & .015 plastic shim stock. We can make this work, me thinks.
Brad Roberts
You dont have to drive it.. push it back and forth in the garage while "jouncing" the car. Do you think we drive the factory race cars around the paddock after a change ?? LOL. NO. Just bounce it while rolling it.

If you need pics.. let me know.

B
Brad Roberts
Um who cares if the body spins ?? It doesnt spin when the car is on all fours... and use two hands to adjust the collars, one to hold the body (put a paint mark on it so you know where it starts) and one to twist the "nut".

B
ChrisReale
check the classic messages forum for pics of my install
DNHunt
JP

Mine sits passively on the yellow Konis. It will spin and requires 2 hands to run the perch up or down. I assumed this was normal. It is close enough there appears to be no danger that it will jump the circlip
so, I'm happy with it.

Dave
J P Stein
Chris:
I'll do that. I ain't figured out how the hat is supposed to fit....yet.

Brad:
I care. It offends my sensibilities. Must be all this time as an inspector....whut I *should* be doing right now.
rhodyguy
i had forgotten about chris' thread. i presume the big silver stockish looking perch is for stock springs or another application, but it had me going for a moment. it's nice to be near the end of putting things on the car.

kevin- buy a sticker
Brad Roberts
JP I can always expect a good answer from you. wink.gif

Here is exactly why "I" leave them loose:

I dont spin the collar when adjusting. I spin the threaded body. This is MUCH easier than trying to spin the collar with the spring on it. You just *barely* need to unload the spring to spin the threaded body. I use a tape measure from the base of the threaded collar to the bottom of the adjustable collar.

Kevin,

Look at your threaded body's and make sure the "notched" end goes down on the Koni clip. I noticed today that the collars needed to be flipped on my most recent set to make this happen.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.