Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK drama Queens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
George Vellious was the idea man and produced the 915 shift conversion rear cover and the bulkhead mount for 6 cylinder engines into 914s.
How many here bought them from him? Very few, I'd wager.

Where is the indignation in these cases? Why no lambasting of those who made blatant copies? What'za matter, are ya'll ignorant or just could give a shit less about ole George?

I have nothing against those making these products at present. I know one of these guys personally and the other via the net...before the net actually....good folks.

What is so special about Jake & Lem's case that would cause a selective uproar amongst you guys?

Happy Thanksgiving. biggrin.gif
LarryR
I thought you could not buy Vellious products any more. I would love to buy his 915 shift conversion... But I thought they kind of fell off the map.

brer
QUOTE(LarryR @ Nov 27 2008, 02:54 PM) *

I thought you could not buy Vellious products any more. I would love to buy his 915 shift conversion... But I thought they kind of fell off the map.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.
stepuptotheMike
sandbox
CliffBraun
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 27 2008, 02:45 PM) *

George Vellious was the idea man and produced the 915 shift conversion rear cover and the bulkhead mount for 6 cylinder engines into 914s.

Where is the indignation in these cases? Why no lambasting of those who made blatant copies? What'za matter, are ya'll ignorant or just could give a shit less about ole George?

I have nothing against those making these products at present. I know one of these guys personally and the other via the net...before the net actually....good folks.

What is so special about Jake & Lem's case that would cause a selective uproar amongst you guys?

It's more fun to poke Jake; but I'm on the other side of that biggrin.gif.

Speaking of thanksgiving, we've got smoked turkey, ribs, stuffing, potatoes, and more about to come off, I'm gonna need to start dieting.
J P Stein
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Nov 27 2008, 03:21 PM) *

sandbox

This is relevant to 914 history, dude. Why in the rush to get it off the main forum?
Does this offend the Johnny come latelys? It may be ugly but so is life.

Ole George may have fallen off the map and maybe with good reason, but the facts are the same regardless.
southernmost914
Negative thread slap.gif

Steve
LarryR
QUOTE(brer @ Nov 27 2008, 03:05 PM) *

Excepting Alice.

However, around about and just a half a mile from which railroad track? B/C I would like one of those 915 tail housings smile.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 27 2008, 02:45 PM) *

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I don't hear George squeaking. Just You. That makes me ignorant?
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 27 2008, 06:45 PM) *

QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Nov 27 2008, 03:21 PM) *

sandbox

This is relevant to 914 history, dude. Why in the rush to get it off the main forum?
Does this offend the Johnny come latelys? It may be ugly but so is life.

Ole George may have fallen off the map and maybe with good reason, but the facts are the same regardless.

What point does it serve to create another thread just to stirthepot.gif stromberg.gif ?

914 history.... please.

URY914
I hear there is a guy in China fixing outside doorhandles, but there are very few 914s in China so I'm good.
JRust
This is what I hate about the internet & forums. People taking the oportunity to blast someone else without all the facts. Then others going off supposed facts stated by someone who doesn't have the full story to begin with. In some cases as with Jake obviously there is some truth to what happened. Being a part of the comunity I just wish people would show a little more respect of others. I realize people get screwed everyday. Deal with it privately or in a PM. These flame threads do not benefit us as a community. sad.gif In the end things get blown out proportion & people get hurt. confused24.gif

Let's talk about what we are doing to our cars. biggrin.gif

I really love 914's & enjoy coming on to see what everyone is doing. It is a nice relief to come home & spend some time on my hobby. Especially when I haven't been able to work on my car. Helps keep me motivated. So everyone just try to keep things positive. IF YOU CAN"T SAY ANYTHING NICE idea.gif Do what mommy used to tell you when you were a kid. As my mom put it Shut the phuck up
r_towle
Where is George now?
Does he still create parts for these cars?

Rich
sww914
JP, you're not allowed to say anything bad about Jake. It is blasphemy. He has believers and they are as offended as any Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, whatever, if you say anything negative about the messiah.
The fact that what you say makes sense is not relevant.
r_towle
I still wanna know about George. Its a serious question...where is he now?
CliffBraun
IPB Image
carr914
I'll bite (a little)

1st. Didn't Velios copy the system that was in the 916?

2nd. He didn't fully develop this kit. Many mods had to be done to make it work properly. Therefore creating a need for a better kit that was supplied by others.

3rd. George hasn't been around for years. The guy that took over would never return eMails or calls. That's not what I call customer service.

So why bring this up, it obviously is not a very good point-counterpoint for a discusion vs the Jake-Len thread/situation

T.C.

Gustl
QUOTE(brer @ Nov 28 2008, 12:05 AM) *

is this a forum about (red) VW microbusses blink.gif

laugh.gif Gustl
brer
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 28 2008, 05:51 AM) *

QUOTE(brer @ Nov 28 2008, 12:05 AM) *

is this a forum about (red) VW microbusses blink.gif

laugh.gif Gustl

son, go sit on that bench over there marked 'group W'
ConeDodger
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 28 2008, 04:33 AM) *

I'll bite (a little)

1st. Didn't Velios copy the system that was in the 916?

2nd. He didn't fully develop this kit. Many mods had to be done to make it work properly. Therefore creating a need for a better kit that was supplied by others.

3rd. George hasn't been around for years. The guy that took over would never return eMails or calls. That's not what I call customer service.

So why bring this up, it obviously is not a very good point-counterpoint for a discusion vs the Jake-Len thread/situation

T.C.

agree.gif This is what I heard, and I just confirmed it with someone who has installed a few of his kits. Product was "not quite ready for prime time" and he let the cat out of the bag. Others saw the potential and made the needed improvments. My friend says that on the list of tools needed for install he should have listed "machine shop"...
Bleyseng
agree.gif I only one I have seen it was a half done kit that you needed to finish of the 916 Porsche conversion.

Jakes heads are complete and ready to go.
Sleepin
Sorry, I have been waiting to use this for some time! biggrin.gif

CliffBraun
Amusing images thread?

IPB Image
IPB Image
sbonthemesa
George V made a marginal product back in the day. I personally met the guy and I felt the need to count my fingers when I got my hand back.

The 915 kit was cludgy, the oil tank would have had to improve to suck and he was a bad business person. He lived/worked in Lawndale and had a crappy machine shop with questionable air cooled valve jobs.

Think, AAmco plastic center consoles or whatever they were called, think crappy Saratoga tops that even though they get big bucks now, sucked then and suck even more now.

914s in the day, attracted the low end schiesters. Today, as crappy as they are, they are "Gurus". Some were classy in the day and still are. Few, but there are some.

George V wasn't one of them. I'm sorry to say he was from the same country my Dad was from.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(brer @ Nov 27 2008, 06:05 PM) *

Cept for Alice!
sbonthemesa
Click to view attachment

OK.... shades.gif
ericread
"Yes, sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie, I put that envelope
under that garbage."

lol3.gif

sww914
oOOOo
dw914er
lulz

b backwards
McMark
IPB Image
J P Stein
Click to view attachmentOh look, another "borrowed" idea.
Shine, Roberts/Meuller, Tarret, McMark.
scotty b
dry.gif
HAM Inc
headbang.gif
Mark Henry
A troll ate JP long ago biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
Was it patented? Improving on ideas is what has made this country great. If patented then he is protected and can recover damages. If not...Well, welcome to the real world.
IronHillRestorations
I'd 2nd the opinion that Velios isn't a trusted source, and as a customer you could be doing some of his R & D. I had to threaten legal action to get him to finish a deal.

I get your point JP, but Velios is a clear cut case of marginal delivery from a shady dealer.

There will always be a sector of aftermarket buyers who will forego quality, reliability, ethics, and reputation for price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.