Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reflector lens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stephane
smile.gif

Are new rear reflectors still available out there?

thanks
Stephane
SirAndy
that reminds me, i still have to dig out mine (plus solenoid) and send it to "soloracer" ...

hey B. any chance those 2 items made the move to the new shop unharmed ???
Andy
Dave_Darling
The only new ones you'll find are 911 ones. They have to be cut down to fit the 914's rear panel.

There are probably a few 914-specific ones still sitting around that were never installed, but they'll be hard to find. Especially if it's the "last one ever"...

--DD
Stephane
Which one would it be best to use? Will it still look good?

Stephane
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the club Stephane. Post some pics of your car. We love pics here. We need a pic smiley!
StratPlayer
There is one for sale now on ebay seems to be a decent one also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2460296639
Dave_Darling
"Best"? Depends on your tastes. IMHO, none at all would be "best"...

The 911 ones still look "OK". The 914-specific ones look a little better, but not that much to my eye.

Check the "Members' 914 pictures" thread up above in the "sticky" section and look for reflectors. Most of the ones you'll find are the 911 ones.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Feb 13 2004, 03:46 PM)
There is one for sale now on ebay seems to be a decent one also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2460296639

yupp, that's a cut-down 911 ...

i like them (911) better, they are "brighter" than the 914 aftermarket ones ...
Andy
tracks914
Has anyone out there ever cut a hole for the lock in one of these?sawzall-smiley.gif
How bad could it look? ohmy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Feb 13 2004, 05:58 PM)
Has anyone out there ever cut a hole for the lock in one of these?sawzall-smiley.gif
How bad could it look? ohmy.gif

i've seen it. it's FUGLY ... icon8.gif
rhodyguy
make sure you really want one. you have to drill holes in the rear center panel. andy's right drilling them for the stock release button looks kinda bush imo. a guy in seattle has the holes where his was removed. i think it's 4 or 6 of them. barf.gif

kevin- buy a sticker
Bleyseng
Yep, 6 fucking holes that were all rusty too. I found the mess when I took it off to clean the reflector. Tons of dirt had piled in behind the thing.
I will reinstall the reflector when I finally paint the area this spring in time for the West Coast deal.
If you don't have one leave it off. Oh, the ones that have the hole drilled for the latch button look really stupid, IMHO

Geoff
soloracer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 13 2004, 03:23 PM)
that reminds me, i still have to dig out mine (plus solenoid) and send it to "soloracer" ...

hey B. any chance those 2 items made the move to the new shop unharmed ???
Andy

No worries....I'm really patient. It'll get here when it gets here.... beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
i didn't want to insult you geoff. this time. the primer looks good though. laugh.gif

kevin-geoff bought stickers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.