Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To Switch or Not to Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I have the 73 1.7 that came with the single Solex 2bbl carb. I can't afford to do the engine rebuild probably until summer. I also have in the box a set of twin (both sides) Dellorto 36 carbs. I know the car runs bad using the Solex. I know the car won't run right with the Delortto's and the stock cam. The FI is mia and the PO said no chance of recovery.

Is there anything to gain right now puttin on the Dellortos or should I just wait until motor rebuild time? blink.gif Thanks
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 28 2008, 10:22 AM) *

I have the 73 1.7 that came with the single Solex 2bbl carb. I can't afford to do the engine rebuild probably until summer. I also have in the box a set of twin (both sides) Dellorto 36 carbs. I know the car runs bad using the Solex. I know the car won't run right with the Delortto's and the stock cam. The FI is mia and the PO said no chance of recovery.

Is there anything to gain right now puttin on the Dellortos or should I just wait until motor rebuild time? blink.gif Thanks

Yes. A lot to gain.
Do it now. Today. Get them on, balanced, and you should notice an improvement.

Zach
So.Cal.914
Yes the cam is wrong but the two 36's , as said above should run better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.