Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally have some pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vanilla133
I wanted to post some pics of my car as I have used this site to answer all of my questions along the way. I bought the car from the second owner who had it since 1978 with all maintenance and repair records since 78'. It was origianlly an all original copper car and I was going to keep it original but after I started digging into it I found alot of rust etc. Needless to say I was disappointed as I paid more than I would have had I known more of what was hiding underneath. I didn't get to do everything I wanted to the car because of time constraints using my buddies garage but all the rust has been taken care of and the engine is tuned and 90% oil leak free.

I back dated the front bumper and added the 916 rear bumper(saved a ton of weight getting rid of the stock bumpers). Next on the agenda is a 5lug conversion.

I addedup all of the receipts since 1978 and the car has had over $13,000 in repairs and maint. to date.

--Click to view attachment

Vanilla133
The pics didn't attach for some reason. I will try again.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Vanilla133 @ Nov 28 2008, 09:03 PM) *

The pics didn't attach for some reason. I will try again.

You're a newbie, that sort of thing happens to a lot of us.

While we wait patiently for your pics to post, lets say...... welcome.png

Paul
Gint
Link to the FAQ forum thread -> Adding Pictures to Your Post
Vanilla133
Okay...figured it out and got the pics added. Thanks for the welcome beerchug.gif
Let me know what you think...good and bad
messix
Nice! i like very much! SHWING!!!!! biggrin.gif
echocanyons
what a beauty!

Nice job shocked[1].gif silver914.jpg
chris914
That’s a very nice color scheme. It looks very thought out. I like the use of the clear signal lens and the removal of the front side markers. That really cleans things up. Also the black wheels and darker strips really seem to work well to give it a modern retro look.
KaptKaos
smilie_pokal.gif

nice work!!
markb
welcome.png

I like it! smilie_pokal.gif
Vanilla133
Thank you all for the compliments! I really appreciate the feedback. I actually painted the car twice, the first time the silver showed some bodywork I missed. The second time I decided to add the stripes as it looked a little plain just silver.
stepuptotheMike
Very nice looking car!! Where abouts in Virginia are you?

Mike
jc914
Nice job it looks great
McMark
Love the stripes. Nice work!
jsayre914
agree.gif Very nice ride.

are those tail lights tinted??
pete-stevers
That car looks great!!! piratenanner.gif
the color of the stipes are subtle and classy, on top of the silver !
pete-stevers
"I addedup all of the receipts since 1978 and the car has had over $13,000 in repairs and maint. to date."
try not to do this to often.....

[/quote]
Vanilla133
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Nov 29 2008, 09:05 AM) *

Mike

Thanks! I am in Roanoke...SW Virginia
Vanilla133
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Nov 30 2008, 04:03 PM) *

agree.gif Very nice ride.

are those tail lights tinted??

Thanks! The tail lights are tinted.
ws91420
QUOTE(Vanilla133 @ Nov 30 2008, 07:07 PM) *

Mike

City or County I used to travel around there. Ex's parents and sister lives there.
Vanilla133
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Nov 30 2008, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Vanilla133 @ Nov 30 2008, 07:07 PM) *

Mike

City or County I used to travel around there. Ex's parents and sister lives there.

Actually I am in Botetourt County, just a mile or two out of Ronoke County but I have a Roanoke address...really weird.
Dr Evil
Very nicely done thumb3d.gif
ws91420
Yeah happens that way in VA the area I live in is considered Carmel Church but I have a Ruther Glen Address. I'm not even sure where Ruther Glen truly is. I know there is a guy is Bristol with a 914 and a guy near Christiansburg when he is in school that may still have one.
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif welcome.png Drive it like ya stole it! driving.gif
Vanilla133
Yeah...I have only seen one around here and it was a really nice blue 914 but haven't seen it again to find out more about it. I have some family in Short Pump that we visit alot so the 914 will be cruising up and down 81 and 64 quite a bit.

Thanks Dr.Evil...I noticed you are in PA...I actually went to Ligonier, PA to get this car back in August.
Slick914
Car looks sweet man!

What kind of wheels will you go with after the five lug conversion?

Don't know if I like that side mirror, I take it that's for better visibility?
tod914
Very tastefully done. Great looking car.
Vanilla133
QUOTE(Slick914 @ Nov 30 2008, 11:45 PM) *

Car looks sweet man!

What kind of wheels will you go with after the five lug conversion?

Don't know if I like that side mirror, I take it that's for better visibility?

Thanks! Since I didn't add flares I figure I will go with some boxster wheels...it will be a while before I have the cash to do the conversion though.

Yeah...I figured I would get flamed for the mirror. It does help with visibility but I am trying to find a smaller mirror so it doesn't stand out as much and one with a more unique look.

Vanilla133
QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 1 2008, 01:17 AM) *

Very tastefully done. Great looking car.

Thanks! I really appreciate all of the feedback!
jd74914
The car looks awesome! The stripe really does add to the look.
SGB
great detail! The wraparound aspect of the stripe really makes it! The way the exhaust and fogs are frenched in is really subtle- in a blatent way. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.