Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale, 2.0 engine with Djet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rand
1975 2.0 motor. Desmogged (air injectors plugged properly), no AAR or CSV (I like a clean engine compartment). Starts promptly and runs perfect. 140,000 miles.

While it runs great, I figure this is a perfect candidate for a rebuild.

It just dropped an oil galley plug, so that needs to be tapped and a threaded plug installed. This happened while it was parked, so the motor did not get run with low oil. Not difficult or expensive to do this while the motor is out.

I am doing a v8 conversion. I was planning on selling this soon, and was hoping to have the buyer hear it run and drive it and ask $1000. But now you'll have to take my word that it runs fine (or ask some of the local Seattle guys) who've heard it. Fix the galley plug and go for a while, or build it up as a 2270 and rock.

I have an extra distributor, extra MPS, MSDS intake/filter, Pertronix, and some other goodies.

I'd like to get enough out of it to buy some conversion parts. How about $600?

Or if you buy the 2.0 Fuchs alloys and new tires for another $500 I will throw in the entire car. biggrin.gif Actually I'm serious - I'm moving soon, so it would actually be simpler for me to sell everything and start over later.
Gint
Post a pic or two of the car. wink.gif
Rand
I'll roll it out into the driveway and grab some pics pretty soon. Here's an old pic. Since then I have lowered it a bit, put a new front valance / air dam on, swapped the bumpers for early style fiberglass, and shaved the warts.

jesiv
PM Sent

Regards,

James
brant
Rand,

is it rusty?

brant
Rand
Oh yeah, it has one helluva hell hole. That's why I billed it as parts.

My plan has been to save it. I welded in some tubing and have it stronger than stock, but it will be a project to fix it right. I've been waiting until I get the engine out to start that. It's just a bad time for me to open that can of worms right now since I'm planning on moving to Santa Barbara.
Rand
Ok gang, I want to move forward on my conversion project. So make me an offer on this 2.0 engine. It's complete... The FI system, fuel pump, exhaust, etc.... Everything you need. Freshen it up and go.

I want it out of my way. I need the parts to mate my SBC 350 to my 901 and mock it up in the car so I can build the mounts. Sure, I want all the goodies... flywheel, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, clutch, etc. But what I need most urgently is the adapter. Hmmm..... someone could get a bargain here!!

I want to move, so let's deal!
highclasstrash
will you ship to VA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.