Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Sighting in Napa Valley
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I am finishing up a vacation tomorrow in Napa Valley. First spent a few days in Carmel and then came up to Napa for a couple days. In fact, yesterday evening Yopu, Nicho and I had dinner with McMark at the Red Rocks Cafe in Napa... chowtime.gif

Anyway, today we did a little wine tasting and touring in Napa and on our way back to our resort we saw a yellow 914 with deep 6 wheels at Grgich Winery in the lot that would normally be for people who work there... It had a tan interior and Appearance Group features with an LE spoiler up front. Best I could tell in the light I had to see with, it had a 2.0 liter air cleaner. Anyone want to fess up about owning this thing? At first, because of the wheels I thought it might be an original six but now I am thinking '73 2.0?

Camera was back in the room so don't ask...
Dr Evil
Ah, cruising through that area in the 914 was a great part of the honeymoon. Cant help you on the owner, though. smile.gif
ONTHEGRIND
That 914 is the reason I bought mine though I couldn't tell you who's it is... We have some property in Napa Valley and I as getting up early to feed my horses and turn over some dirt in the summer every morning I would get up I would see that 914 jamming early sometime I couldn't see it cause of fog in the morning but I could always hear it as our property runs along some of the nicest part of the Napy valley driving roads...any how here is a pic of mine and my the part of the propert I was working on when I would see this porsche..

so any way every morning i'd wake up hop on my tractor get on my cell phone and go and search craigslist looking for 914's finnally I found this one in San Jose where my home is... I have yet to drive this puppy up to Napa yet cause of the rain but come spring then engine should be more then enough to buzz me through wine country

IPB Image
IPB Image
McMark
Not one of the ones I know of... confused24.gif

Thanks again for dinner. I owe you one. wink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 29 2008, 07:53 PM) *

Not one of the ones I know of... confused24.gif

Thanks again for dinner. I owe you one. wink.gif

Nope... You don't. Soon enough I will call you with another dumb question and you will realize why! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.