Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: recommended body shop- northen CA area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jerry75914
Hello all!

I am "getting to know" my 914...and I realize I'll be "getting to know" about welding in the near future (battery tray area, inner long kit etc.). However, I'm not looking to learn how to weld by starting on the longs. I'd like some peace of mind that they are fixed up right.

At a minimum, both jack plates and tubes need to be replaced, and the passenger side long has a hole in the top from battery run off of death. Can anyone recommend a shop that knows our cars for this work in the Silicon Valley area?

Thanks!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Nov 30 2008, 09:51 AM) *

Hello all!

I am "getting to know" my 914...and I realize I'll be "getting to know" about welding in the near future (battery tray area, inner long kit etc.). However, I'm not looking to learn how to weld by starting on the longs. I'd like some peace of mind that they are fixed up right.

At a minimum, both jack plates and tubes need to be replaced, and the passenger side long has a hole in the top from battery run off of death. Can anyone recommend a shop that knows our cars for this work in the Silicon Valley area?

Thanks!

Yeaman's in Palo Alto
Jerry75914
Thanks! I drive right past it every work day
LarryR
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Nov 30 2008, 09:51 AM) *

Hello all!

Thanks!

I would take it to original customs up in napa for the welding work and then down to Yeamans for the paint work.
hydroliftin

I would take it to original customs up in napa for the welding work and then down to Yeamans for the paint work.

I would agree. McMark (Original Customs) is good with structural repairs and knows these cars well. I bought my car from him after he performed repairs to the "hell hole." Here is the thread documenting the work he did on my car: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=29580
LarryR
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Nov 30 2008, 11:12 AM) *

I would agree. McMark (Original Customs) is good with structural repairs and knows these cars well. I bought my car from him after he performed repairs to the "hell hole." Here is the thread documenting the work he did on my car: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=29580

I am speaking as a satisified customer as well:
http://www.paintandmetal.com/invoice/images.php?p=51

I am taking him my '70 in January to have the battery tray replaced and engine mount welded in for a six conversion. I will probably take my 72 race car project to him too.
echocanyons
Another vote for McMark at Original Customs

I have had a couple of great experiences with him and his work
biosurfer1
Just got mine back from Mark as well, hel hole looks great. Too bad he couldn't do the engine shelf too but that is the suppliers fault, not Mark's
Jerry75914
Thanks everyone, appreciate the recommendations!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.