Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new projects... (cross posted)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sleepin
This is a cross-post from NARP board...so don't bite my head off.

I was perusing craigslist the other day, and figured I would check the local listings for the Porsche search (usually I don't bother...most folks here don't know what one is). Found a listing for 4 914's! Sweet! I called the guy up, and as he is explaining them to me he says "and then the 5th car..." .....woah wait...the 5th??? So long story short, I went and bought 5 914's in one day. I will be moving them this weekend, and then the fun can begin.

4742908303: I call her Jersey due to the NJ plates. Pretty much a rust bucket, I think the worst shape of the bunch.

IPB Image

4752908872: The Chalon. Body has been pretty cut up for a V8 conversion. Looks to be Fuch replicas on the rear. Has decent front and rear sway bars, and some cool intake vents (saving those for you too Kevin! poke.gif )

IPB Image
IPB Image
Sleepin
4762900849: I should call her Christine. Last owner died due to the accident. Should be a good running 2.0, keys were still on from the accident.

IPB Image
IPB Image

4732903809: Purple car, I am pretty sure original was Silver. Previous owner was from Telluride. Looks to be in fair shape. I will have to see how the longs are, but this one may be put back on the road. Has a 1.7 in it.

IPB Image
IPB Image

4742906553: Orange car. Looks the most solid out of the bunch. It has been tapped in the rear, but the longs look great. Another that I may attempt to put back on the road.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Here is the bunch as they sit today:
IPB Image

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif w00t.gif
jsayre914
WOW blink.gif

where do you start ?
veltror
Wish I had the space to do a bunch like that...
Gint
Crazy bugger... screwy.gif

If you pick a weekend that I'm not on call and the weather's decent (primarily for the drive over the hill) I have one of these... sawzall-smiley.gif smile.gif
Sleepin
I was mainly suprised to find 5 in the same spot. Now, since I have bought these...I found out where a bunch more are hidden. The others are ones that the seller is balking on...but...one of these days! sawzall-smiley.gif I will be pretty happy to help out a few decent cars that need these junkers parts. It makes me feel good to be able to help the "community" out (but I am sappy about such things)

I do have a nice little Miller plasma cutter at my disposal, I am sure I will employ it's services! smile.gif I will keep my Colorado guy's posted on the dates. I do have a mandated day to have them off of my brothers property (his wife will only put up with them for a few months). So I will have to break them down into parts quickly and put them in my storage unit.
I just wanted to have everyone practiced up before they come to my sawzall party! biggrin.gif
Sleepin
Well, we took delivery of the cars today...kind of think my brother will be upset at me for parking them all at his place....oops.

Wierd thing was I learned that the red car was leaving AJRS when it was hit, supposedly they guy was a real stickler when it came to his car. I think this is the case. We opened the trunk and grabbed a bag of paperwork. Turns out it is window cards from events in Santa Fe, NM. Found a thick manila envelope...service records...dating back to 05/76...looks like records from everything and anything was done on the car. Pretty fascinating. Sad at the same time, the guy's event Porsche hat with his pins still shiny in the dust was eerie.

So.......I have a six day weekend starting on Wednesday, and I guess I will have something to do.
dbgriffith75
Hey Sleepin- you want a 6th one while you're at it? I thought I had mine sold to a guy, but the way he wants to pay for it sounds really fishy to me and I just don't trust it. I emailed him back and told him the way I wanted it done, but I think this guy is just trying to scam me.

Anyway, if he ends up backing out- it's yours if you want it. I live in Iowa, and I'm willing to meet you halfway with the car if you want.

Here's a link to pics- http://mystyk3.tripod.com/porschepage.html

PM or email me at dbgriffith75@yahoo.com if you're interested and we can discuss price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.