Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not for sale. NOS 2.0L heads - just bragging
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I came across a man on ebay selling a Fuchs wheel that mentioned that he had "a bunch of crap in boxes" from a long closed Porsche dealership. We spent the afternoon sorting through the boxes of parts to find the golden egg - a pair of NOS 2.0L heads. I posted most of the other NOS parts that we are selling in the For Sale forum.

IPB Image

sixnotfour
saweet
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
championgt1
Nice find!!!
tod914
quite a score smile.gif wtg
Cevan
I know they're not for sale but curious what someone would pay for those. $2500?
HAM Inc
Wow! What an incredible find! I wonder how many of those NOS heads are left. Auto Atl had a pair years ago. At the time George said he wouldn't sell them for $3000.00
If you leave them the way they are and just sit on them, they will probably bring a better return than a 401K!
If you decide to use them I would replace the valve seats. Modern seats with a tighter fit will protect your fine investment.
Great find! Congratulations!
Root_Werks
Since I'm back to driving a 4cyl 914 again all I have to say is... drooley.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Dec 1 2008, 06:25 AM) *

Wow! What an incredible find! I wonder how many of those NOS heads are left. Auto Atl had a pair years ago. At the time George said he wouldn't sell them for $3000.00
If you leave them the way they are and just sit on them, they will probably bring a better return than a 401K!
If you decide to use them I would replace the valve seats. Modern seats with a tighter fit will protect your fine investment.
Great find! Congratulations!

The heads are pre 1990 as the dealership closed then. I am considering having them completed with new parts. Last ones I saw for sale were from Pelican at $2285 per head. I doubt I will ever see another pair like these. Thanks fo the tip on the seats.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 30 2008, 11:22 PM) *

I came across a man on ebay selling a Fuchs wheel that mentioned that he had "a bunch of crap in boxes" from a long closed Porsche dealership. We spent the afternoon sorting through the boxes of parts to find the golden egg - a pair of NOS 2.0L heads. I posted most of the other NOS parts that we are selling in the For Sale forum.

IPB Image

look like 75 76 air injection heads!
brer
I think i can hear them cracking.

aktion035.gif
morph
nice find! the question is,are you going to use them ?
james
HAM Inc
George are the smog heads more sought after? Most people I deal with that have them want the injector ports welded shut. Once in a while someone will have me machine ports in non smog heads.
rtalich
Kind of makes you wonder how many things are stashed away in this manner that no ones knows or forgets about.

But if it were me and I had 3K to spend on a pair of heads.... I'd go RAT/HAM in a heartbeat!! aktion035.gif
TJB/914
Great find,

How about a trade!! rolleyes.gif

I'll give you my mint Saratoga Top and throw in a new #43 MPS!!! I'll even throw in my mega rare "Rear Fog Light with a Bowsley wire harness. av-943.gif av-943.gif
Hey Eric what do you think about that stirthepot.gif

Tom bye1.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Dec 1 2008, 05:54 PM) *

Great find,

How about a trade!! rolleyes.gif

I'll give you my mint Saratoga Top and throw in a new #43 MPS!!! I'll even throw in my mega rare "Rear Fog Light with a Bowsley wire harness. av-943.gif av-943.gif
Hey Eric what do you think about that stirthepot.gif

Tom bye1.gif

Thanks for the offer but I am going to keep them. Possible start for a stroker motor.
tracks914
I found one brand new (2.0) head in the trunk of the car I bought last winter. The other new head was on the engine in the car.
BTW I priced it out new at $1600 per head.
Nice find, good for you.
bdstone914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Dec 2 2008, 06:46 PM) *

I found one brand new (2.0) head in the trunk of the car I bought last winter. The other new head was on the engine in the car.
BTW I priced it out new at $1600 per head.
Nice find, good for you.

How did you price them at $1600? The last price a saw was on Pelican for $2,285 each although they really did not have any.

Bruce
sean_v8_914
sell them to someone who values their originality then use that money to buy some new modern improved jake heads. from a performance standpoint, I would not want them. they have big smog holes drilled in them, the seats are...? Brer said it best
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Dec 1 2008, 03:09 PM) *

George are the smog heads more sought after? Most people I deal with that have them want the injector ports welded shut. Once in a while someone will have me machine ports in non smog heads.

we beggars these days cannot be choosers, the non smog type are loads better than the air injection port types (ask Len and Jake!) but just to have ANY type of new 914 2.0 head is a find!
Brett W
I don't get it. They are new, big deal. You still need to go in a put new seats in and correct the valve job, then put decent valve jobs in them, maybe weld the plug hole up and drill it for a smaller spark plug, etc.

Other than the novelty they are still weak factory parts.
Katmanken
Geez Brett,

I don't think you thought that one out.....

If they are so crappy and weak, then ALL of the heads must have failed shortly after they were installed in the cars. The fact that 914's are still running after AT LEAST 32 years shows there is some ruggedness to the design. And I bet there are still cars runing with the original heads and seats.

Will your racing stuff last at least 32 years?????

Kenwhowouldhavebeenproudtodesignsomethingthatworksfor32-35years
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.