Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory racer for sale on e-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HCRDAN
Here is another 914 story on Jalopnik...

http://jalopnik.com/5100047/nice-price-or-...14+6-for-325000

and the ebay link http://tinyurl.com/5g47sb
davep
Okay, get out there and vote for the $325,000. Lets show the dorks it is a serious car. BTW, I know a little about the car and the seller. The price is not really out of line with other rare Porsche's.
brer
hmm. I think its overpriced.
Cap'n Krusty
"42"? THIS is the answer to not only all your problems, but to life, the universe, and everything .......................... Ya better snap it up!

The Cap'n
JmuRiz
I thought it over priced, because there are no parts of the GT specific bits on the e-bay ad. Should have posted trunk pics and interior foot-well pics etc.
scotty b
this is at least the second time that car has been listed at that rediculous price. I guess he didn't get the hint the first time no one bought it dry.gif
scotty b
Oh and don't forget about the 356 he wants 550,000 for dry.gif 250,000 car if it's real. He smoke the crack lots

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Porsche-356_W0QQitemZ27...A1%7C240%3A1308
carr914
Actually, I think it's the 3rd time on eBay. 1st @ $375,000, 2nd @ $350,000 and now $325,000 which was his price for a private sale. He has some really cool cars in his collection including Steve McQueen's 911S that was used in the movie "LeMans".

I would think he has over-paid when he bought his cars and thinks he can just pass it along. Too bad he hasn't thought about the economy. But he's retired.

T.C.
HCRDAN
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 1 2008, 08:12 PM) *

Oh and don't forget about the 356 he wants 550,000 for dry.gif 250,000 car if it's real. He smoke the crack lots

WTF.gif the quote below comes from the 356 ad on ebay...

"... FROM THE SECOND OWNER,MR. DENTAIRE CHIRURGREN.PLANTAVIN SOON HAD SOME VERY EXPENSIVE REPAIRS..."

DENTAIRE CHIRURGREN is really close to Chirurgien Dentaire, which in french means oral surgeon.... Does this guy just make up these ownership histories?

r_towle
[quote name='HCRDAN' date='Dec 1 2008, 10:23 PM' post='1107424']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 1 2008, 08:12 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

[/quote]
WTF.gif the quote below comes from the 356 ad on ebay...

"... FROM THE SECOND OWNER,MR. DENTAIRE CHIRURGREN.PLANTAVIN SOON HAD SOME VERY EXPENSIVE REPAIRS..."

DENTAIRE CHIRURGREN is really close to Chirurgien Dentaire, which in french means oral surgeon.... Does this guy just make up these ownership histories?
[/quote]

Trust that any 356 carrera can be traced back to the factory by several people on the internet...all of the known cars are well documented.

Rich
736conver
Actually its the 4th time up on ebay. The first time he listed it he called it a 911 in the ebay title.

Highest bid so far on all four of the auctions was $87,000 something.

Starting bid was 275,000 on one auction.
Mark Henry
So...what would you say it's worth?

$40-60-80-100K?
Dave_Darling
I'm thinking that a real live Factory-built (documented!!) GT is probably "worth" about half of his asking price. Maybe a bit more.

IMHO, of course.

--DD
carr914
I think Canepa wants $450,000 for the Luftansia car, the Monte Carlo car is in Europe for sale for >$400,000. But they aren't moving. I would love to have one, but I'd rather have a 962 with Lemans history for just a little more coin.

But the Jaloponics are smokin crack with their ideas what a 914-6 is worth. smoke.gif bootyshake.gif (since we dont have a crack-smoking smilee yet)

T.C.

horizontally-opposed
I believe DD and TC are spot on.

The real 914-6 GTs are certainly six-figure cars, but to put a 2 or a 3 on the front of those figures, the car had better be on a factory poster or have extensive and interesting history. For a 914-6 GT to reach or exceed RSR 2.8 money, it had better be one of the famous five.

But then, someone always has the cash to prove me wrong. Question is, do they have the desire for a 914 at this much coin?

Don't get me wrong... The 914-6 GT certainly has its charms, even compared to things like 962s. While the 962 is more exotic, more technically interesting, has broader appeal, is sexier, etc., it requires a level of skill, commitment, and finances to use and limitations in that use not present in the 914-6 GT. The GT can also be used on the street in most places, gets a warm welcome at a LOT of cool events (Tour Auto, Vintage Le Mans, Monterey Historics...), and could conceivably be taken care of by most "mere mortals." But then, a 911 S-T or RSR 2.8 offer the same benefits...in a wrapper more people seem to think is good-looking.

pete

michaelmoo
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Dec 2 2008, 09:46 AM) *

, it had better be one of the famous five.

What are the famous five GT's? Brumos, Sonauto/Le Mans, 86 hour Marathon winner pop in my mind but the other 2 I cant think of. The Sonauto Daytona winner? Monte Carlo car?

r_towle
For that kind of money....

959 first choice...its on ebay now
Any Carrera GT on Ebay
A speedster for nice days and a gt3 for colder days combined.

Rich
PeeGreen 914
If it is a real GT and has racer history I would think sure. If it is a real gt with no vintage race history maybe 200k. If I were cash heavy I would offer 150 for it but higher than that for me would be tough as there is so many cool cars for that kind of money.
turboman808
I have a hard time seeing paying over 150k for this car. Not something I would be in the market for though.

I have seen this car in person and at the time I couldn't find any information on the car. Glad to finally find out about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.