Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 14" Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
dempwolf@pctribe.com
The six I owned 30 years ago had 5 1/2X 14" wheels on the car, was wondering if Fuchs made those 14" rims as wide as 6" or 7"
sixnotfour
Here is some 7 inchers.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-x-14-Pors...sspagenameZWDVW
You are bidding on a set of (5) 14" Fuchs Wheels. These 5 1/2" x 14" were custom widened, then machined trued and balanced and are now 7". They were then polished and painted silver to the early 911S color scheme. We had these wheels created by a machinist who races the Bonneville Salt Flats and says they are properly welded, trued and balanced. New three-prong style center caps were installed on all 5 wheels. New valve stems on 4 of them. We have $1500 of quality machine work invested in these wheels and they are in great condition. These wheels were built for the Redline Service race car. We now have to run 15" wheels in our class.
Please note that these 14" wheels will not fit on alloy S calipers.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 1 2008, 08:40 PM) *

Yeah, but these wheels were custom widened, not factory.

Somewhere along the line I heard of 6's from thae factory, but not certain if it's true, not if it wasn't a 911 application.

Regardless, finding 14" peformance tires has to be a major chore today, if not super expensive. Why not just convert to 15's? They're stock, and tires are somewhat easier to find.
sixnotfour
all factory 14's were/are 5 1/2 wide.
Gustl
agree.gif - 901 361 016 00
dempwolf@pctribe.com
To answer your suggetion Pat, I am tired of the hard riding Z 50's on the car and don't think a taller aspect ratio ( 55 or 60 R or taller) will fit on under the pulled fenders having 8" Rims. With the 14" rims it may be possible. I've lowered the tire pressure on the front to 20 and on the rear to 25 pounds to soften the ride but that is not good for the tires, but thanks for the suggetion. Karl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.