Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A major 914 Wiring Harness Celebration!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
A 914world.com exclusive announcement!

We reached a major 914 wiring harness milestone recently and hope you will join the celebration! Will also take this opportunity to let you know of other recent exciting 914 wiring harness developments:

*Delivery of the 100th D-Jet Fuel Injection harness... to our own John Cardenas (jeeperjohn56) of Antioch, CA Thanks John!

party.gif

*914 wiring harnesses delivered since 2001 include:
100 FI harnesses
44 Ignition harnesses
56 Alternator harnesses
30 Harness repairs

It has been very satisfying helping to keep our 914s on the road. flag.gif

party.gif

*I won't take all the credit, our very own member and my friend Jeff Keyzer (He is an EE don't ya' know pray.gif ) has been working with me in building harnesses with his superb eye for detail and craftsmanship for awhile now. I want to be sure to thank you publically Jeff. Thanks! (We need to get a photo of us onto the website) grouphug.gif Its not called 'Jeffs 914 Wiring Harnesses for nothing...!

*914 Wiper delay harnesses are available! Identical to the OEM harness. All new parts! Ready for immediate shipment - they make great stocking stuffers if you order soon! See the website for details!

*Today I uploaded the last outstanding engine bay wiring harness diagram to the website, for the 1974-75 1.8L L-Jet Ignition harness. So as of today, all stock 914/4 engine bay wiring harness diagrams are available 24/7/365 for your downloading and reference in troubleshooting your own harnesses.

party.gif

A big thank you to every wiring harness customer we have served over the years, it continues to be a privilege to serve you! Let me know if we can serve you better. Here is the 914 wiring harness website link:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_harnesses/

party.gif
KELTY360
smilie_pokal.gif Congratulations on the milestone!

BTW, do you fill the wires with OEM smoke or is it aftermarket? laugh.gif
BMXerror
pray.gif Thank you for helping to keep us on the road, long after Porsche forgot about us!
Mark D.
rick 918-S
Very nice boys! clap56.gif

BTW: Ya, how do you get the smoke in the harness? idea.gif I know how to let it out. confused24.gif av-943.gif
mightyohm
Thanks for the plug, Jeff! Happy to be of service...

markb
Well done! pray.gif
scrz914
Jeff, I just sent you a pm regarding the part you sent me and thinking, I wonder if Jeff still repairs/builds harnesses. Question answered. I'll be checking out the website.
Congrats smilie_pokal.gif

Tony (in Capitola)
Elliot Cannon
I have one of the alternator harnesses. Very nice work and someday I might even install it!! laugh.gif
watsonrx13
Congratulations and outstanding work.... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Sweet! I need to gets me some of them products! drooley.gif
rhodyguy
Ljet drivers be groovin' now. good work fellas.
McMark
Very cool! Where/when is the party? biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
^^ Now that's a good question!

Congrats "Jeffs" smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Congrat's Jeff's

Now how about a simple carbed 6 conversion harness? wink.gif
echocanyons
Yeah!

...or a centerconsole harness
914Sixer
I am happy to say I have bought the alt, intermittent wiper, fuel injection and engine harnesses from Jeff. They are super!!!!!!! They will be going on the Creamsicle. Keep up the good work!!! We need yah! As an added note Jeff even built me a -6 turn signal switch from a stock 911!!!!!
EdwardBlume
Congrats and Thank you Jeff! Your work adds to the enjoyment and reliability of our cars. We all appreciate your dedication!

Rob Ways
Lou W
very cool beerchug.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 3 2008, 04:17 PM) *

Congrat's Jeff's

Ditto! On both counts.
neo914-6
Great job Jeff! pray.gif It was so nice I almost bought another 914 just to use your harness that I won at WCC04. Fortunately it went to a 914 owner who didn't have a conversion...
zx-niner
Congratulations! Just today I took the harness you made for me several months ago for my carburetor conversion to my Porsche mechanic along with my new Raby engine and assorted parts to put it all together. I showed him your new harness and we marveled again at its quality.

It's great to have such a resource as yourself for this incredibly specialized product.
ThinAir
I'm delighted to be part of such an exclusive club. I've got both the FI and ignition harnesses. You don't realize just how bad your existing harness is until you see one of these beauties in person! They perform even better than they look! Congrats!!!
JeffBowlsby
Thank you all for the well wishes and continual support. Jeff K and I have made so many good 914 friends over the years and its great to be part of such a fine group of enthusiasts. Really glad to be a part of keeping our cars on the road.

On the 914/6 conversion harnesses, I have pondered this for a long time and would be happy to keep working on it but there are complications I have no resolution for. I have looked at a couple original /6 engine harnesses and they are complicated. The 4-cyl cars have separate FI, Ignition and Alternator harnesses. The /6 harness is essentially all these combined into one (no FI, but a CD box), and in addition it includes the battery+ cable and special grounding system. That complexity just means it will be expensive, but the clincher is that they have several special connectors/housings that are NLA and I can find no substitutes for. Another thing to resolve is which engines would the harnesses be needed for? I am not familiar enough with all the /6 engines to determine the best configuration(s). Specialty one of a kind work is not affordable. Any ideas you can offer would be greatly appreciated, because I would really like to make a /6 conversion harness available if there is a big enough demand.

On the center console harness how much of need is there really? There is a special connector that I have not been able to locate and these harnesses do not suffer the abuse that the engine bay harnesses do. I have not seen any interest in making these, although they would not be too hard to do.

We have been working on a very nice PEFI harness solution that we are excited about. It will solve the problems that adapting PEFI systems to the 914 encounter and offer a durable solution just for the 914. Stay tuned for details in the near future.
Johny Blackstain
Figures sad.gif
Congrats on the success w/ the 4's though thumb3d.gif
Gustl
Congratulations smilie_pokal.gif

good for the next 100 biggrin.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
70Sixter
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 3 2008, 06:17 PM) *

agree.gif Or an original -6 version?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.