Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 160hp aircooled car that really flys down the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
I'm gonna start smoking crack so all of my junk will be valuable dry.gif
PeeGreen 914
huh.gif
championgt1
3.5 mil for a plane last inspected in 1976.

YEAH OK!!!! screwy.gif
r_towle
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 3 2008, 07:58 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I'm gonna start smoking crack so all of my junk will be valuable dry.gif
[/quote]

The barn door is open...the horse is loose....
I will see if Zach is awake

BTW, I saw this car on the discovery channel...here is a little fact

N103D, one of only four remaining Aerocar Model One Flying Automobiles. Just one prototype and four Aerocars were ever produced. One was destroyed. Two are in permanent museum collections. This pristine, fully functional 1956 Aerocar Model One is one of two in private ownership.

Rich
VaccaRabite
^^^^
I'm not exactly sure what I have just been implicated in. I am going to assume that it is suitably awesome, and go to bed knowing that my awesomeness had been observed.

Zach
r_towle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 3 2008, 10:21 PM) *

^^^^
I'm not exactly sure what I have just been implicated in. I am going to assume that it is suitably awesome, and go to bed knowing that my awesomeness had been observed.

Zach

damn you must be tired...

A simple setup from Scotty...and you.....ahhh never mind..go to bed.

Rich
VaccaRabite
Infants will addle your brain. I'm living proof.

I'm going to go find a pillow before my forehead smacks the keyboard.

Zach
So.Cal.914
Would be fun though. Not 3.5 mil worth...But fun. smile.gif
Jake Raby
That thing is dying for a Lycoming 540 and a 52" variable pitch prop :-)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 3 2008, 07:59 PM) *

Careful Jake, a variable pitch prop is probably what killed Amelia Airhart. They suspect she never adjusted her prop pitch!
LarryR
Man that is awesome!!! not for the price but you got to love it... inovation at its best. I could make short work of my bay area commute with that beer.gif

Now If I could find one about a few orders of magnitude cheaper ...
bandjoey
Sounds like the "Awsomely Extremely Rare Porsche Convertable" on Ebay where someone wants $86,000 for a 914 found in grandma's garage.

Try the new one on for size...the Lotis Elise Aerocar. www.aerocar.com
av-943.gif screwy.gif
Phoenix-MN
Don't forget this classic

Click to view attachment

So.Cal.914
....Click to view attachment
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 3 2008, 07:21 PM) *

^^^^

Zach

It's o.k. Zach, Rich has some fascination with the color red, and my junk. It worries me ....but not too much, he's not very close to me. I just hope I never spill any red paint on my junk, he'll be right there before I know it unsure.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 4 2008, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 3 2008, 07:21 PM) *

^^^^

Zach

It's o.k. Zach, Rich has some fascination with the color red, and my junk. It worries me ....but not too much, he's not very close to me. I just hope I never spill any red paint on my junk, he'll be right there before I know it unsure.gif

av-943.gif blink.gif
yellow914
I seem to remember a saying that went something like this: "when you try to make something that is 1/2 this and 1/2 that you usually end up with something that is less than 1/2 as good as either"

That said, has anyone ever seen on the discovery channel way back when (1990's) an invention that was like a homebuild plane but it only flew 10 feet off the ground on a cushion of air created by the body and wing angle...it looked a bit like it had short bat wings with a boat shaped body...really cool....of course it may have been a crack enduced dream of mine wacko.gif
dlestep
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 3 2008, 10:59 PM) *

...540 people killed in Wyoming by a 52" vibrator welding bitch cop?

what did he saayyy....ahh never mind.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(yellow914 @ Dec 4 2008, 07:39 PM) *

That said, has anyone ever seen on the discovery channel way back when (1990's) an invention that was like a homebuild plane but it only flew 10 feet off the ground on a cushion of air created by the body and wing angle...it looked a bit like it had short bat wings with a boat shaped body...really cool....of course it may have been a crack enduced dream of mine wacko.gif

You mean the Ecronoplane, invented by the Russians in the 50's-60's. Any/all others is just a copy of their invention, although it's said that Alexander Graham Bell may have built something like it.

http://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1CHMI_en...p;q=ecronoplane
biggy72
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 3 2008, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 3 2008, 07:59 PM) *

Careful Jake, a variable pitch prop is probably what killed Amelia Airhart. They suspect she never adjusted her prop pitch!

I'm pretty sure most newer planes have a self governing pitch prop. I know ours does anyway. I know where you can get a plane that flies much much better and will require much less maintenance than that one earlier in the post....

http://www.soloy.com/Aircraft+for+Sale/default.aspx

I'm pretty sure I'd get a raise if I could sell one, but I really doubt there are too many people here looking for a turbine powered Cessna.
biggy72
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 4 2008, 07:07 PM) *

You mean the Ecronoplane, invented by the Russians in the 50's-60's. Any/all others is just a copy of their invention, although it's said that Alexander Graham Bell may have built something like it.

http://www.hydrofoils.org/

I had this guy as a prof at WSU. You want to talk about an unassuming guy... real monotone and boring in class, but he has done and seen some pretty incredible stuff.
yellow914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 4 2008, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(yellow914 @ Dec 4 2008, 07:39 PM) *

Okay it drove me nuts enough to look for what I was "trying" to convey. I believe it was called the Airfish and it is a type of vehicle designated as a "Flarecraft"...but the version I saw was definitely a homebuilt...they apparently have a max altitude of like 3 meters or so....google it and see what you find!
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 4 2008, 10:07 PM) *

I wub.gif ekranoplan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSYmSnpQ360
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.