Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel cell users
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So is it as simple as buying a fuel cell and putting it in or is there more to it? Anyone have any leads to where the best place to get one from for the least?

I pulled my tank and a little bird whispered in my ear saying I should get a fuel cell. So I am looking to see if I should or not. drunk.gif
Thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 3 2008, 05:39 PM) *

a little bird whispered in my ear

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
PeeGreen 914
dry.gif I have no pictures since I don't have the fuel cell ....... yet.
I was looking for pics of the "bird"

PeeGreen 914
Though I love the Patrick fuel cell I am hoping to get something smaller and less expensive.

I am thinking I really only need a 10 gallon at most. I have heard of six gallon but not too sure about that for when I go the the track. I am mostely concerned about AX though.
try this link for an option
Zundfolge
Jeebus, I read the title of the thread and thought you kids were talking about Hydrogen Fuel Cells ... got me all excited.

Screw that Electric 914 I want one that runs on WATER!
PeeGreen 914
Okay, after looking at prices and such I think this will all have to wait a year or so. I had no idea they were so much for everything. sad.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 3 2008, 09:36 PM) *

Okay, after looking at prices and such I think this will all have to wait a year or so. I had no idea they were so much for everything. sad.gif

AutoX...hmm a 1 minute run...maybe 5 minutes total idling...

1-2 gallons should do it.
Look at dune buggy tanks.

Rich
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, but I do drive my car tere and it is about 100 miles. So I figure 5 gallon tank is the smallest I would need. Don't know if there are other places that are more affordable but I figure it is about 2k to do everything and I'm not going to be able to do that for a while. Need to pay for other important jobs on my car...
r_towle
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 3 2008, 10:02 PM) *

Yeah, but I do drive my car tere and it is about 100 miles. So I figure 5 gallon tank is the smallest I would need. Don't know if there are other places that are more affordable but I figure it is about 2k to do everything and I'm not going to be able to do that for a while. Need to pay for other important jobs on my car...

agreed...unless you are wheel to wheel racing (DE does not count) I would not spend the moeny on a fuel cell...just there for bling..

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.