Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Fuch center caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
Trying to find a set of 2 1/4" 914 Fuch center caps. Any leads would be appreciated.
johnnie5
Might have better luck posting in the classifieds with a WTB title heading smile.gif
blitZ
I noticed these caps on the Samba, they look pretty nice and the price is right. Anyone try these?

Samba Ad
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the only thing currently available are identical caps polished but with an indent for a porsche crest on the top.

We are going to have them stamped out in the next couple of months in Michigan. A sorely needed part discontinued by Porsche of course as every day they care less and less about making their parts for our 914s.
Ferg
QUOTE(blitZ @ Dec 4 2008, 11:33 AM) *

I noticed these caps on the Samba, they look pretty nice and the price is right. Anyone try these?

Samba Ad

Yes, I had them on my Signal 2.0. IMO far nicer than OEM, they are actually a high quality piece.

the downside is that they don't have the impression on the face(they are not stamped steel) , and they are a tad taller than OEM.

But you could install and remove with force and not damage them. I had to dremel the mating surface a bit to get the to fit, but you could smack them with a rubber mallet and not damage them, they are thick.

Pics on my old car. BTW, they are a good seller.
Ferg
Another...

echocanyons
I second the billet pieces.

I am on my second set (first for fuchs and now for pedrinis).

The fit is really tight, I smack them on with a big mallet and a rqag overing the cap.
Dominic
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Dec 4 2008, 10:38 AM) *

Trying to find a set of 2 1/4" 914 Fuch center caps. Any leads would be appreciated.

They were available as of last year, I bought a set of four new from the dealer, try calling Kenn @ Hennessy Porsche

Hennessy Porsche North Atlanta
990 Mansell Road
Roswell, GA 30076

Service/Parts: (888) 414-3968

burton73
$89. on Ebay
VW PORSCHE 914 2 LITER BILLET CENTER CAPS MAHLE FUCHS
ISP WEST Part # RS-CAP914
affordable center cap solution that's show car quality Item number: 400007463609
Click to view attachment
SGB
Maybe the Dr can come up with a billet version that has the proper height and taper...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.