Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: catalytic converter temperature sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
zonedoubt
As the title says. This is the overheat sensor that threads into the bung on exhaust with cat converter. I'm sure there's someone who has ditched the emissions equipment on their 75-76 and doesn't need this.

A working one is closed circuit at ambient temp.
johnnie5
I have my stock 1.8 '75 exhaust in the garage. Where is it located? On the exhaust or the cat?
zonedoubt
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Dec 4 2008, 12:59 PM) *

I have my stock 1.8 '75 exhaust in the garage. Where is it located? On the exhaust or the cat?

On my Bursch exhaust, the bung is on the pipe downstream from the cat. PM sent.

Edit: it looks like it will be on the cat itself on some exhausts.

Click to view attachment
johnnie5
Ok, so its on the cat. I was confused because I do have a threaded bung there, but no sensor...just a threaded cap. Sorry.
type47
i've never heard of this part, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. i thought the port with the cap was for emissions testing.
JeffBowlsby
Its CA car-only equipment. The heat sensor and relay triggers a warning light on the dash guage cluster (Maybe someone can post a photo?). Here is the diagram from the 1975-model Service and Training Manual that describes it:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.