Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hella Air Horn(s)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
##**%% Speedbumps !
My front wheel knocked off one of the trumpets on the Hella air horn. ANyone know if these can be replaced seperately; I be in the market if someone has one laying around..
azbill
I'll sell youo a set of Hella air horns cheap

Bill Shaffer
VaccaRabite
Move up to Hella Supertones! Ditch the air horns.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 4 2008, 03:31 PM) *

Are Supertones louder than air ?? Air is the only thing that alerts soccer-mons driving SUV's while talking on cell in CALIFORNIA. They saved me more than once.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 4 2008, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 4 2008, 03:31 PM) *

Are Supertones louder than air ?? Air is the only thing that alerts soccer-mons driving SUV's while talking on cell in CALIFORNIA. They saved me more than once.

Supertones, when properly installed, will cause the driver you are honking at to *jump* in their car.

They will only take as much power as your car can give, of course. So they are not as loud if you don't use the supplied relay. Plus, they look cool! (mine are obviously not in the stock location)

IPB Image

Zach
PeeGreen 914
idea.gif Those do look nice Zach. I may need to get my horn wprking so I can actually alert people I am there. So far I have been lucky to take evasive actions but it could be nice to give the dumbass a scare once in a while.
jonferns
Will the Hella Supertones bolt up to the stock location without modifications?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Dec 4 2008, 07:59 PM) *

Will the Hella Supertones bolt up to the stock location without modifications?

I can't speak for a early pattern car. But, they bolt into the stock location for a 75-76 car. I just thought the location for a 75-76 car was asinine. I don't want my horn pointed at the road, I want it pointed at the bumper of the ass that is trying to cut me off! ar15.gif

Besides, they look cool, and it seems I might be a bit of a ricer. slap.gif
Zach
ClayPerrine
They bolt up just fine in the stock location! We have them on both our 914s... and they are LOUD!

KaptKaos
Clay - Did you use the stock wiring or did you need to do additional wiring?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.