Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Gauge panel needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
My new engine is on it's way here (twin turbo 3 rotor rotary), the adapter plate has been shipped and engine management system has been ordered. Now I am looking at what to do for gauges. Am I right in assuming that the stock 914 gauges will not function with my engine? I have 60mm peak/hold boost and EGT gauges from another car that I can put in this one. I will need to get a tach, speedo, and water temp gauge. I am also considering fuel pressure, oil pressure and oil temperature gauges.

I have seen this panel for sale before:

IPB Image

Where can I get one? Or is there something better out there to replace my old gauges and display new ones?
415PB
Try here
http://9xauto.com/914.html
biosurfer1
i dont know about the gauges, but the panel is for sale all the time on ebay for 65$. just do a search for "nascar 914" and it should pop up.
415PB
The ones on ebay are usually sold by the company in the link above. They sell them on ebay for 65.00 and offer it on their website for 65.00. Has anyone purchased anything from this company? if so, how are they?
F4i
Talk to the guys at Guyon. I think I have been dealing with Terance. He likes 914's and used to race bugs. They have been really good with price and availability. They should have guages and adaptors. The face plate you could just make out of aluminum or buy from the above. Let me know if you need a hand.
Dave_Darling
The stock speedo will work if you are keeping the stock transmission. Don't know about the tach.

The gauge panel can be made by yourself if you've got some sheet metal and a few hole saws. I think Sammy G or Malmz made one in about a half hour. The gauges are simply Autometer gauges; the tach is probably the 5" model and the speedo is smaller of course. (4"?) Just lay it out and cut it up, I say! smile.gif

Besides, the buttheads at 9X are the same ones selling the billet fuel rail and claiming big HP gains from it....

--DD
boxstr
Soloracer I would send you a template that I got with the NASCAR gauge panel that is pictured and you could use it to make one of your own. But you have not filled in your location in the member profile so sorry no can send, no idea where you are located.
CCLINLOCATIONLOCATIONLOCATION
soloracer
Awesome. Boxstr, you've got mail!
Dave_Darling
(BTW, that was an oh-so-subtle hint on Craig's part for you to click on the "My Controls" link at the top of the page, then click on "My Profile" over on the left side, then fill in the "location" field.)

--DD
morph
I bought one, I'm going to use VDO guages in mine, there is no Mechanical Speedometer that I have been able to find through VDO or Autometer. I need to get a sending unit that attatches through the output and have the electric speedometer calibrated. Its made of brushed aluminum and they send a peice of panneling with it, and I am not sure why.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.