Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to Dual Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
I just bought the Empi 40 HPMX dual carb kit and had a question about them. The single carb has an electric choke and the dual carbs do not have an electric choke like the single carb. Am i missing something or is this how dual carbs are set up?
ws91420
no electric choke on duals
rhodyguy
the fuel enrichment/high startup idle device is to the right of the brake pedal.
IronHillRestorations
No choke, and you won't need it. Use your foot as fast idle until your engine warms up.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 5 2008, 11:00 AM) *

the fuel enrichment/high startup idle device is to the right of the brake pedal.

av-943.gif

My duels flood easy, one pump in the morning before you attempt to start it. When it fires then you do a Rhodyguy and keep the R's up till warm. smile.gif
turnaround89
Wow, so thats what that enrichment thing does that has the cover on it. thanks everybody. When i try to start the car ill just have to pump the gas pedal, i have to do that anyway with the single carb. Thanks again!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.