Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vwfester
hello
mounting 2 carburetors doppiocorpo 40 on 914 2000cc earns some horse power?
thanks
vwfester
Click to view attachment

carb dell'orto 40
VaccaRabite
If you are using a cam for carbs, yes.

if not, no. You will loose power.

Also, you will want to use air cleaners instead of the the grill over the velocity stacks. Otherwise, you are going to be inducting a lot of dirt into your engine.

Zach
Dr Evil
Translated with Babelfish:

dipende dalla camma in vostro motore. Una camma di iniezione di carburante non trarrà giovamento dal per mezzo dei CARBURATORI. Probabilmente non vederete molto di un aumento di potere a meno che cambiate i pistoni ed i cilindri così come le CAMME.

Claro?
vwfester
With Zach
What kind of cam is fine?
I filter sponge to be put above the Tromboncini
by Dr Evil
for now not open the engine start to see how well 'then you will see'
info on another distributor, I can leave its original?
thank you very much
rick 918-S
You are doing good with your english. thumb3d.gif Don't install the carbs without changing the cam. The stock fuel injection cam has the wrong lift and duration for carbs.

I'm not going to be much help but Jake and others here can help you with a cam selection. icon_bump.gif This is just a bump. welcome.png
SirAndy
It will run OK with those carbs, even with the stock camshaft, but you won't *gain* any power over a well functioning FI.

For more HP, you'll have to crack the case open and put in a camshaft that is ground for carb use.
bye1.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.