Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VACUUM ADVANCE DIST.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stephane
I recently started working on my "new" 914, It has the vacuum adv. dist. & has been converted to single pro. weber. I'm wondering if I should convert over to mech. adv. & if I should convert over to Pertronix pointless system. Any Ideas???

Stephane
Rich Bontempi
Yes,you would be better off with one of the new, inexpensive fully mechanical advance distributers, for a carbed 914. Save the OE dist, so when you go back to FI you'll still have it! And yes i would definately install a pertronics kit in the new dist, if a kit is avail for the dist you buy!
Stephane
Sould I go with the 009 or the 050 dist.? Does anyone know if the Pertronix 2 kit is worth all that extra $$ than the original pertronix?

Stephane
Joe Bob
It depends on the dizzy....most vacuum advance models are as good if not better than the 050...the 009 sucks....

Speaking of sucking, might wanna consider teaching that single carb how to swim..... wacko.gif
F4i
Hey a fellow Canuck! HI. You may not even be able to get a pertronix II depending on the dist you get. I made the mistake of buying an empi point replacement for my 2.0 dist and it did not fit. I bought a pertronix and it fit fairly well. I am not positive, but the 050 seems to be the dist. of choice. Jake loves the Malory sp? I am sure other will chime in.
Stephane
Any ideas on what carbs would work best for 2.0 thats going to be a daily driver? Not sure what cams in there but suppose to have had some head work!
Bleyseng
Instead of worrying about the dizzy switch over to a dual Weber setup and get some sort of power out of the motor. Single progressives suck bigtime and limit the hp.

OR locate a djet FI setup to put back on the car and really enjoy driving again.

Geoff
F4i
The new kit from Kit may be an idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.