Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: street mufflers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattp
I have a 2056/ dual carbs, drive the car on weekends, some week days, would prefer to keep heat in place, anyone know whats the best performance system w/o too much noise?
bursch, sebring, dansk, triad?
PeeGreen 914
Out of those you mentioned Triad hands down. Sounds great with very nice low growl.
Gint
Everything that is available is louder than stock. If you don't like noise, you won't like anything else.

I like the rasp of the Bursch personally, but it's too loud. I also like the Triad. It's a much lower, more bass type noise. It's also pretty heavy, but bulletproof and looks really badass in the dual outlet config. And having said that, I swapped mine out for stock muffler before the last 800 mile round trip I took because of the level of noise.

I came to find out that the stock muffler on my carb'd 2056 sounded really good and not too loud, but not to quiet either (probably because of the carbs). I'm pretty sure it didn't do a thing for perfromance, but I drive it all the time so the noise was more of a factor.

YMMV... smile.gif
mattp
noise is not overriding factor but I do want to be able to come home at night without waking everyone up! I am just wondering which system has best performance (including weight) vs. how loud. My bursch (which may be worn out) is a bit too loud, cant hear anything when I step on it.
championgt1
Triad!!
Click to view attachment
mattp
is that a dual or single outlet?
PeeGreen 914
Dual. See the one side turned down so Jack didn't have to cut his valance.
mattp
ahh, yes, thats why I was asking.
dflesburg
I had a 911 sport muffler recently switched to just megaphones... "Huh?"

For the 2.0 Type IV cars I like thunderbirds.
r_towle
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 6 2008, 01:09 PM) *

Dual. See the one side turned down so Jack didn't have to cut his valance.

I have the bursch system on a 1.7 with a short valance.
The one thing that bugs me is that I can still see the collector.

While using the triad, can you see it with a valance?
Anyone have any pics from behind a car, down low...

I really hate seeing the muffler...it looks hack.

Rich
championgt1
Here you go Rich.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.