914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
For the price I don't think you can go wrong......... No affiliation
http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/pts/909426837.html
Eric_Shea
Emailed...

Hi Jim! bye1.gif
jim912928
hmmm...i just did the same thing (no affiliation) giving folks a headsup on a 911 donor I found in craigslist and it was moved?

Why not this one? Sorry to hijack this but I posted another topic to findout where mine went (thought someone might want to investigate a possible donor)..again no affiliation..and was only told where it was moved to (some obscure room)

Explanation? I was just trying to help those that might be looking for a six engine, fuchs, front suspension etc.
Eric_Shea
Sorry Jim H.

I posted in your thread. I don't know who moved it but, I can see why. This should probably go as well but, personally, I don't see either one as too offensive.

If the admin who moved yours wants to move this they can and probably have grounds to do so.
r_towle
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Dec 6 2008, 01:51 PM) *

hmmm...i just did the same thing (no affiliation) giving folks a headsup on a 911 donor I found in craigslist and it was moved?

Why not this one? Sorry to hijack this but I posted another topic to findout where mine went (thought someone might want to investigate a possible donor)..again no affiliation..and was only told where it was moved to (some obscure room)

Explanation? I was just trying to help those that might be looking for a six engine, fuchs, front suspension etc.

You ,mean this $4000 dollar 911 for sale??

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/934438762.html

Rich
StratPlayer
I talked with the owner and its sold. I wound up buying it, hell for a 100 bucks I figured I'd be crazy not to grab onto this.
spare time toys
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Dec 6 2008, 12:51 PM) *

There is alot of moving going on in recent days mad.gif If you dont ask what one of the admins likes he moves your post. slap.gif
Eric_Shea
I talked with the owner and its sold. I wound up buying it, hell for a 100 bucks I figured I'd be crazy not to grab onto this.

He emailed me and said you grabbed it.

I'll take the following:

Windshield
Rear conrtrol arms loaded
Calipers

Now you've recouped your investment. biggrin.gif

If you dont ask what one of the admins likes he moves your post.

Get real. rolleyes.gif
Gint
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Dec 6 2008, 11:51 AM) *

First of all let me say that I'm am extremely sorry to hear about your brother and I wish nothing but the best for him and your families.

I moved your thread for the 911 donor. It was moved to the appropriate classified forum right here on this site, not "some obscure room". That's where it belongs. When I want to look for a 911 donor for a 914/6 conversion my first thought isn't to search the garage forum on 914world.com. I go and look at the classifieds section of 914world because that's what they are for. We've gone to great lengths to make this forum's classified section one of the best out there. I've been moving threads just like that for years and will continue to do so.

I didn't move this thread because of all of the complaining about moving your 911 donor thread. When I discussed the issue with one of my fellow admins telling him, "I'm done moving threads", he persuaded me that that wasn't the right thing to do either. I've since gotten over it.

QUOTE(spare time toys @ Dec 7 2008, 11:18 AM) *
There is alot of moving going on in recent days mad.gif If you dont ask what one of the admins likes he moves your post. slap.gif

Please...

The fact of the matter is that there are less admins these days, so there is actually less "moving going on in recent days" mad.gif

I understand that your perception is probably what it is because I moved your "Magic Jack" thread from the garage to the OT forum last week and you've been lamenting it's move ever since. If you want to post car related stuff in the garage, P-car or not, go right ahead. But stuff completely off topic is going to get moved as long as I'm acting in an admin role on this site.

I move threads almost every day on this site. I almost never PM when I do it. If the thread went to the correct forum in the first place, I wouldn't need to move it and you wouldn't have to ask where it went. Contrary to popular belief by some, their one post that got moved was not the only thing I do around here. And guess what? I miss some threads that should be moved too. It's not an exact science...

It's damned if you do and damned if you don't as an 914world admin. I do this because I want to give back to the 914 community. Stuff like this causes me to question that desire every time it comes up but I keep pluggin away anyway. I do it because I want to and for no other reason. No need to thank me. smile.gif

I'm done here. bye1.gif NEXT!
Joe Bob
I feel your pain.....
scotty b
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 8 2008, 04:33 PM) *

I feel your pain.....

You also felt up Santa dry.gif Pervert
Joe Bob
What's yer point?

Santa...BTW...was a Betty, fair game.

The main reason I'm no longer an admin is because I get bitched at home, work, and on the sports field as an official.

The internet, was the last bastion of free expression until the wankers got online. Then, when the other admins started bitching at me for doing what I thought was right, it was CYA!!!!! YOU deal with it. I flipped the switch myself.

Seeing a thread like this validates my resignation. Being an admin is a thankless job.

The remaining few...God bless 'em. They gonna need it. I still count a few admins as friends whether they know it or not.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 8 2008, 07:03 PM) *

I still count a few admins as friends

grouphug.gif
r_towle
309.gif yappin.gif
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 8 2008, 10:03 PM) *

What's yer point?

Santa...BTW...was a Betty, fair game.

The main reason I'm no longer an admin is because I get bitched at home, work, and on the sports field as an official.

The internet, was the last bastion of free expression until the wankers got online. Then, when the other admins started bitching at me for doing what I thought was right, it was CYA!!!!! YOU deal with it. I flipped the switch myself.

Seeing a thread like this validates my resignation. Being an admin is a thankless job.

The remaining few...God bless 'em. They gonna need it. I still count a few admins as friends whether they know it or not.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.