Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abandoned or crippled 914 in Sacramento Suburb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Several of us local 914 owners have noticed an abandoned silver 914 in the empty parking lot of an empty commercial building off Highway 50 and Hazel Avenue in Orangevale. The car has a solid body, a rough interior, and the owner is clearly trying to get or keep it running. There are new heat ducts in one trunk and new spark plug wires in the interior, as well as a couple quarts of oil...

So here is the question, does anyone know who owns or owned

VIN# 4722918710?

Here are some pictures. We can help you if you speak up!
ConeDodger
One more, enough leaves land on it and maybe the cops will not see it! biggrin.gif
jonferns
Can't you run the vin through DMV and see who owns it?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Dec 6 2008, 01:55 PM) *

Can't you run the vin through DMV and see who owns it?

I don't think you can in California... I would if I could. This one looks like it should be saved. I saw surface rust only...
computers4kids
Looks like a nice car...is the parking lot posted with a tow service? I'm not suggesting to call. If it disappears one day, you know maybe where to look. Maybe call the city or tow yard and find who owns the lot and talk to them....they may have a clue. How long has it been there?
Dr Evil
Is the registration current? You can get the info of the last registered owner from the DMV. You need it to send a registered letter to the owner to let them know you intend to take possession of there car if it was abandoned. smile.gif
highways
After a certain period of time (a month?) it becomes the property of the landlord (maybe... I think..). I would send letters to everyone who can be tracked down.... hopefully get a response and make a bargain for the car.
KevinP
Ok guys, I'll work on it and let you know.

KP
ConeDodger
Crisis averted with two gallons of gas and some jumper cables. Apparently, he thought it couldn't be fuel since the guage said 3/4 tank. I also gave him a spare sender I had that moves freely...
tod914
How about leaving a note on it?
Cupomeat
Great, did you invite them into this sandbox?

LOL
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Dec 8 2008, 12:22 PM) *

Great, did you invite them into this sandbox?

LOL

Yes of course... biggrin.gif

For the record, there is no comparison between this situation and the controversy that has caused so much trouble for some people in the past... No one at any time has considered misappropriating this car. Having said that, I will not respond to questions about that. It just would not happen. Too much common sense between all who are involved.
Dr Evil
smilie_pokal.gif
carr914
Good Job, Inspector Columbo
VaccaRabite
Okay, so, details?
You contacted the owner, and the 2 of you got the car running? Then what?

I am glad that this panned the way that it seems to have. I was seeing visions of the #4 drama lama starting again.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.