Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock front anti-roll bar question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I'm trying to get a factory front sway/anti-roll bar off a parts car. The rubber bushing is smaller than the end of the bar. So I can't slide it off the bar to pull the bar thru the body.

Do I need to remove the bushing from the mounting flange before pulling it over the end of the bar? Or just get a bigger hammer?

Is it even worth getting it off and selling it?

914Sixer
Push the bar all the way to one side of the car. Take a screwdriver, needle nose pliers or what ever else you can get the there to pry out the bushing from the backside. They are not the easiest thing to remove. If you use silicone spay it may or may not help.
URY914
I was about to do that but I was afraid I'd tear it up. I better soak it in WD40 real good.
markb
Wouldn't you want to put in new bushings if you install it in another car? Then why worry about tearing it up when you pull it out?

Of course my way of thinking is brute force and ignorance, so what do I know? biggrin.gif
URY914
Where do I find new bushings?
markb
I'm pretty sure I can get them for you. I can't check for sure until Monday, tho, so it may not do you any good at the moment.
URY914
I can wait til Monday
Bleyseng
Paul, use a smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif to get them off.

later you'll figure out a easier way chair.gif
914Sixer
New bushings are a must anyway. They are about $15 each depending on where you get them.
URY914
I didn't realize they were available.

Learn sumpin new aready
Dave_Darling
Just pry the metal cover off the bushing. You should be able to pull the bushing off the end of the bar at that point, and if you can't--just cut the bushing and replace it later.

--DD
Eric_Shea
just cut the bushing and replace it later

agree.gif with his Dampness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.