Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to tap into a switched fuse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slick914
Need help figuring out which fuse I can tap into that is switched or only energised when the ignition is on. I don't have a battery installed in the car or I would use a multimeter. This is for a stereo install.

This is a pic I stole from another thread, not mine...

IPB Image

Slick914
According to the book fuse #8 is for the wipers, ventilator, horn, and lighter. Are these things powered constantly or switched?

markb
IIRC, red with a white stripe is switched hot. Be careful if you tap into fuse 8. I've driven in the rain a few times & had to use the wipers & the fresh air blower at the same time. Hit the lighter & blew the fuse. If I'd had the stereo hooked in there too, no telling what I coulda burned up.
Slick914
I did end up hooking into fuse 8. There already was a 2nd spade terminal there that was open. I don't ever plan on having to use the wipers, so I should be safe. If I do get caught in the rain, I'll be sure to turn off the stereo. Worse case senario, the fuse blows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.