Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area/North Bay Shop Recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgara962
After listening to my CV joint clunk for the last two years, and knowing that everytime I leave the garage, I'm taking a chance of not returning, I've decided that this is the winter I'll fix the thing. I could probably do it, but really have no desire to tackle this project.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the North Bay that would do this? The closer to Napa the better as I would probably need to drop off/pick up the car on the weekend.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:33 AM) *

After listening to my CV joint clunk for the last two years, and knowing that everytime I leave the garage, I'm taking a chance of not returning, I've decided that this is the winter I'll fix the thing. I could probably do it, but really have no desire to tackle this project.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the North Bay that would do this? The closer to Napa the better as I would probably need to drop off/pick up the car on the weekend.

How about McMark in Napa?
shades.gif Andy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 7 2008, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(jgara962 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:33 AM) *

How about McMark in Napa?
shades.gif Andy

I second the McNomination of Mark. I hear he has intimate CV Joint knowledge and can even replace them in minutes in a parking lot!
jgara962
Of course he would be my first choice, but from conversations we've had, I got the feeling that he wanted to concentrate more on restoration and body work, and less on maintenance/repair. I didn't want to bother him with my issues biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Dec 7 2008, 03:10 PM) *

Of course he would be my first choice, but from conversations we've had, I got the feeling that he wanted to concentrate more on restoration and body work, and less on maintenance/repair. I didn't want to bother him with my issues biggrin.gif

Mark has help now. I think if you run it by him he could put his helper to work on it if he really wants to concentrate on restoration and body work. I doubt the body work thing though... One of his best friends is less than a block away with a body shop. I think he is doing a bit of rust repair though...

I say keep him working. Otherwise he starts to dress funny and who knows where that will lead???
jgara962
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 7 2008, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(jgara962 @ Dec 7 2008, 03:10 PM) *

Mark has help now. I think if you run it by him he could put his helper to work on it if he really wants to concentrate on restoration and body work. I doubt the body work thing though... One of his best friends is less than a block away with a body shop. I think he is doing a bit of rust repair though...

I say keep him working. Otherwise he starts to dress funny and who knows where that will lead???

So by giving him work, I'd be saving him from himself...
ConeDodger

So by giving him work, I'd be saving him from himself...

Now you are beginning to understand. Look where idle hours have led for Eric Shea!
RoadGlue
You can bring it by my dad's place in Sebastopol some weekend and we can do this. You'll still get your hands dirty, but you'll have me for support and tools (lucky you!). smile.gif
Dave_Darling
I think you'd have to work hard to go wrong with either of those approaches...

There are other places (Denny Kahler in Dublin, Bauer in Oakland, Heyer in Mountain View, Grigsby in Sunnyvale, Bontempi in Redwood City) but if you're close to Napa or Sebastopol I think you've heard the best options...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.