Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good shock source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
These guys beat everyone elses price on Bilsteins for the 944 so I checked the 914 availabilty and it looks like just as good a buy. Might want to give it a look fer yerself smile.gif Mainly Bilstein and KYB though, no Koni sad.gif

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm?mo...ected_year=1974
Eric_Shea
http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/1925565.htm

I won't carry KYB's but I've got'em beat on fronts. biggrin.gif
jimkelly
i find a 9V battery to the tongue to be a good source for a mild shock : )
URY914
Screwdriver in a light socket will shock ya too.
carr914
Friends don't let friends drive on KYBs

T.C.
abbott295
I thought this was going to be the "snot blower" thread again.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no real deal. Most suppliers sell them for that.
PRS914-6
When I bought mine shox.com was the cheapest. Don't know about today's pricing but they treated me right....
Joe Ricard
I was hoping for advice on a "real shock".

Real shocks for a 914. Choices suck.

However I found a pair of Double adjustable AFCO's on Ebay that really were suprisingly comfortable on the 200 mile drive to Baton Rouge yesterday. Set about mid range both compression and rebound.
Solo914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Dec 8 2008, 08:46 AM) *

I was hoping for advice on a "real shock".

Real shocks for a 914. Choices suck.

However I found a pair of Double adjustable AFCO's on Ebay that really were suprisingly comfortable on the 200 mile drive to Baton Rouge yesterday. Set about mid range both compression and rebound.

Joe,
I read in another thread on your method of attaching your afcos in the rear but I'm still a little confused on your bottom mount. Do you have any pics? How long are you afcos(min. and max eye to eye)?

Does anyone have the shock dimensions for a stock 914 shock? I am going to contact one of my shock sources and and see if I can find a decent off the shelf shock that is a direct bolt in but is 1" shorter.

Kyle
Joe Ricard
I use the 7" large body threaded shock. The reach is about the same as the stock ones. I have a small piece of Koni bump stop just incase I get too much compression.
Currently 200lb springs but will be going up to 250's soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.