Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Parts HELP!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OU8AVW
I bought some engine internals and I'm not 100% sure it's what I need. I'm building a GA case 2.0. I opened the box and worried about the crank. I expected a counterweighted crank. Let me know what you guys think. Not to question the fine member that sold me the parts, I just want to make 100% sure before I bolt the engine together and fire it up and I don't want to install Bus parts in my Porsche. idea.gif

The crank has the VW logo on it-I understand thet, acouple of Jesus-fish lookin' marks and "A 51-K" on another part of it. It is not counterweighted. Also, my rods don't have the "cap" on the piston end like the ones in the Pelican parts picture. I got some pistons too, they are dished. Are these American spec vs. German?

Camera's MIA so I'll post photos later if I need to.

Thanks in advance for the help!
So.Cal.914
They were not counterweighted from the factory, that cost me extra. My KB's were euro spec and flat, the stock ones were dished. Cap?
type47
i don't think a stock crankshaft is counterweighted and there might not be any difference between a bus crank and a 914 crank (Cap'n?). could be the rods are 1.7 or 1.8 whereas you have 2.0. dished lead me to Am. spec. welcome to another East Coaster!

Cap'n Krusty
Measure the rod journals on the crank, and the I.D. of the rod big ends. Might do the same for the piston diameter. Report your findings. Bus 2.0 cranks are identical to 914 2.0 cranks. Rods are the same, too. Pistons are not, but they can be used. Lower compression. The Cap'n
OU8AVW
Coolio,
Thanks for the 411 on my 914!
I am pretty sure everything else is 914 as advertised as the seller had the engine # on hand. Stuff looks new. He was straight up I just wanted to make sure he wasn't dupped by a PO....

Great deal too. $375 for crank, rods, pistons, cam and a slightly used set of jugs. He even tossed in the case.....

I love this site! piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.