Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel/Tire issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
I picked up some wheels from a local guy, which came off a 914. Took them to a tire shop to have the tires from my old wheels mounted on the new ones. The installer could not get the bead to seal. The bead protector (what the tire guy called it) would not fit over the lip of the wheel. I measured the wheels and the newer one is 1/8 inch larger in diameter than the old ones.

Anyone have this problem and have a work around? I'm not looking to buy new tires but really like these wheels.

Pat Garvey
I had a set of these wheels some time back, but never had any problems mounting properly sized tires. In my case the tires were 175/70's. What size are you trying to fit?

Maybe you should try a dfferent shop.
jd74914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 8 2008, 10:24 PM) *

Maybe you should try a dfferent shop.

agree.gif He should have been able to mount it. Sometimes it is hard to stretch the bead and mount stiffer, lower profile tires on the 1 arm machines if that was what he was using.
sixnotfour
This is probably not what you need, but you haven't seen anything untill youve seen em seat a bead with this baby;
http://tuffymfg.com/products/tire-wheel-se...tah-seater.html
Root_Werks
That looks like a lot of quick air!
r_towle
If he got them on, they will seat.

You need more air, remove the valve stem and blast it to seat the bead.
You need to heat up the sidewall on Z rated tires.

Rich
jd74914
I may be seeing things, but it doesn't look on in that picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.