Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help on a Heating System Part Number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trav012000
Looks like the PO jury rigged my heat exchanger system. My connecting pipe (039256331) has nothing to connect to on the left side. Looking at diagrams it looks like it's suppose to connect directly into the heat exchanger but I could be wrong. Does anyone know the part number of the piece it's suppose to connect to? It looks like this piece connects the connecting pipe to the heat exchanger and the fan? on the front of the motor.

It's a 1976 2.0L
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Trav012000 @ Dec 9 2008, 10:34 AM) *

Looks like the PO jury rigged my heat exchanger system. My connecting pipe (039256331) has nothing to connect to on the left side. Looking at diagrams it looks like it's suppose to connect directly into the heat exchanger but I could be wrong. Does anyone know the part number of the piece it's suppose to connect to? It looks like this piece connects the connecting pipe to the heat exchanger and the fan? on the front of the motor.

It's a 1976 2.0L

TYPICAL!!!!!! The 75 76 heat exchangers were notorious for the rusting away of the built in branch piece making the heat exchanger worthless! Replacement parts are not available. We have fabricated parts in the past to make the heat exchanger work and at one time thought about having the parts stamped out, but of course the demand is just not there! Used heat exchanger is the solution here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.