Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Sway Bar Stampings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
pilothyer
Guys....I know this is not a F/S or WTB but I tried asking in the Garage today and it is already buried down the page with no replies so I was sure someone here would know......I have a few Factory front sway bars and they are all stamped 15 on one end (15 MM I am sure) but they have A, B, C, or D stamped on the other end.....anyone know what this is indicating..........Thanks.....Jerry
Joe Bob
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Dec 10 2008, 04:25 PM) *

Guys....I know this is not a F/S or WTB but I tried asking in the Garage today and it is already buried down the page with no replies so I was sure someone here would know......I have a few Factory front sway bars and they are all stamped 15 on one end (15 MM I am sure) but they have A, B, C, or D stamped on the other end.....anyone know what this is indicating..........Thanks.....Jerry

Don't know, but I wasn't aware of any differences on the stock thru the body sway bars. You should try the originality forum and Pat Garvey or Dr.914 from Auto Atlanta.

I may need one, what are you asking and does it include the drop linkks and mounting hardware?
914Sixer
ALL stock bars are 15mm in the front. There are some exceptions though. There were special order bars for racing and rallye cars.
johnnie5
I am looking for a stock sway bar too! biggrin.gif
pilothyer
Thanks for your replies I am not wanting to sell any, just trying to get info on the stampings on them.......... ( maybe A = 1973 B = 1974 C = 1975 D = 1976) I just don't know.......The stamps are visible on the bar installed I wonder if maybe some of you could look and see what you have on yours and let me know what year and what stamped letter you have...............Thanks........Jerry
Grelber
I have a stock assembly that I got from Brad Mayeur, so I don't know the year it came out of, but it's stamped "15" on one end, and a "K" on the other.

pilothyer
QUOTE(Grelber @ Dec 11 2008, 12:15 PM) *

I have a stock assembly that I got from Brad Mayeur, so I don't know the year it came out of, but it's stamped "15" on one end, and a "K" on the other.

Guess that blows my theory.................. biggrin.gif ................Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.