Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leather seat kits, any interest?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
There is a custom leather shop down the street from me and his prices are very fair so I was thinking about asking what he would charge for leather seat cover kits. Kits that recover your seats, not just seat covers.

What price point would interest ya'll?
r_towle
Contact
World Upholstery
http://www.worlduph.com/
And
Autos International.
http://www.autosintl.com/
Eric_Shea
?? Vinyl kits seem expensive but that being said <$2bills?
Dr Evil
I am thinking $250 or less. More than that and it may not be worth it. I am not looking to make anything on this. The guy is a small business owner and if he can hook us up it would be nice.
Mikey914
At that price point I'm definately interested. I think you'll probably find a few others also. biggrin.gif
markb
Is that $250 per seat, or for both?
Dr Evil
ea smoke.gif I dont have it worked out yet, just a dream.
Wilhelm
Are ya talking the whole seat, not just the cushions or the bolsters?
scotty b
Does 250.00 cover the dash top as well as a custom spare tire cover? I'd be willing to pay alittle extra for that if I could get a pissed off Tweety Bird sewn onto it. Oh and if we could also get leather CV boots thrown in that would be sweet aktion035.gif

plas76targa
I'm in as long as the dash board cover includes the ashtray cover. I don't want to delete the ash tray, I might start smoking someday.

but since Mike was asking about seats, I'm interested but put me last in line. I'll need that time to gather up the $$$
dflesburg
DrEvil,

keep me posted. i may be interested.
STL914
I might be interested at the right price. How about door panels and back pad?
Are you talking for black or would we have a color choice?
southernmost914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 13 2008, 03:05 AM) *

At that price point I'm definately interested. I think you'll probably find a few others also. biggrin.gif
agree.gif popcorn[1].gif
Steve
morgan_harwell
$250/seat?(edit) approx. $250 for the backpad and door panels?
I'm interested! It is time to re-do the 914 interior.

I was able to buy leather 911 seat kits about 10 years ago. It wasn't too hard to remove the old leather and install the new. A pair of hog-nose pliers and a stapler made it fairly easy.
Eric_Shea
Moe, I think the vinyl kits are around $239 each.
Trevorg7
I'd have some interest Mike.

T
ericread
QUOTE(morgan_harwell @ Dec 13 2008, 07:54 AM) *

$250 for both seats, approx. $250 for the backpad and door panels?
I'm interested! It is time to re-do the 914 interior.

I was able to buy leather 911 seat kits about 10 years ago. It wasn't too hard to remove the old leather and install the new. A pair of hog-nose pliers and a stapler made it fairly easy.

agree.gif

That price point would interest me!

Eric Read

Bruce Hinds
Seems like lots of interest. I'm in for more than just seats. I'd love to redue the whole thing, it's a mess and I'd like to change the color. A good non-leather for lots of parts the get the sun and sweet leather for my fanny.....
I think the group is handy enough, if we could get the kits we could install it ourselves....
B
Trevorg7
Mike - Ideally I'd love to have the backs and bottoms perforated so they breath.

We can talk off line about that however.

T
michaelt55
I'd be interested...

Michael
azbill
I'm interested should be with perforated back and seat.
jonferns
I might be interested in a set. But it would need to be tan. popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
I'll look into it in the next few weeks.
Gint
I'm also nterested in tan to match the factory tan vinyl. Perforated on the bottom and back section would be killer.
Dr Evil
A new twist, my Mom has taken upholstery college classes and been certified. At first she wasnt interested in car stuff and was only looking to do marine stuff because of the good pay and her location near the marinas, but that is becoming a PITA. I told her of this venture and she is interested. I am going to skin a seat and send it off to her for appraisal. She is sure she can do the vinyl for less than $240 per seat as well. Lets see what happens.
morgan_harwell
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 13 2008, 08:15 AM) *

Moe, I think the vinyl kits are around $239 each.

So we should expect at least $250/seat in leather. $500/pair.
Still a VERY good price. The 911 leather seat kits I bought from AutoInt, in 1999, were $1084/pair shipped.

I just checked the Auto Int. price sheet for 914 leather kits:
$483/seat
$350/pair door panels
$574 back pad
total $1890

What Dr.Evil is hinting at is a very good deal!
chocolate.curry
I'm interested as well, so keep me posted! Black leather with perforated cushions would be super sweet...
Dr Evil
Can anyone post links to the places that also do this so I can give my mom an idea of the competition? She should be able to do any interior parts, but I need seats first and if she can do it for me she can do it for anyone and make a little $$ on the side. I have skinned a seat to send to my mom so I hope to have info on a kit soon.
bobhasissues
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 12 2008, 07:33 PM) *

There is a custom leather shop down the street from me and his prices are very fair so I was thinking about asking what he would charge for leather seat cover kits. Kits that recover your seats, not just seat covers.

$250 for a pair of seats and I'm in.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Jan 5 2009, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 12 2008, 07:33 PM) *

$250 for a pair of seats and I'm in.

$250 might buy you the leather if you were to do it yourself... *estimate* quote was for $250 each.

I have donated a seat (well, at least its skin) to the cause, so we will at least get to the prototype stage.

Zach
charliew
The last time I checked you could get leather seat kits for fieros from Mr. Mikes for about 500.00 for both and they are similiar to 914 seats with better bolsters.
Dr Evil
The problem is, they are not 914 seats no matter how close. The 914 does not have a large market so the prices tend to be high. However, if they can do a set for $500 then I am thinking my mom can as well. Is that what you were getting at? smile.gif
bigkensteele
Mike, I am also interested, but I want either courdoroy or vintage '70s plaid inserts. Would Mother Evil be up to that? My car will most likely not see the road again in the next year, so time is not of the essence. If this thing takes off, we can work it out later, but put me on the list.

I would also like to see 911 style door panels and backpad recover kits, if she is looking for opportunity.
Dr Evil
Its all possible. Time will tell smile.gif
Derek Seymour
icon_bump.gif

Interested as well...

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 5 2009, 11:10 PM) *

Its all possible. Time will tell smile.gif

Dr Evil
I havent forgotten, but I have had a little emergency to deal with as of late and I am a bit spread too thin. I wont let this go, though smile.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 23 2009, 01:15 PM) *

I havent forgotten, but I have had a little emergency to deal with as of late and I am a bit spread too thin. I wont let this go, though smile.gif

Since I was just quoted 700 in plastic, Im gonna watch this post before I do anything !
zymurgist
As a point of comparison, the going rate for Corvette seat covers is $600 for 2 seats. Those are for simple seats, no bolsters, factory 1977 style.
Dr Evil
I talked to my mom today and she is ready to start this up. I still dont have price points, buy she is going to try and get my seat cover done by the end of the week, and she is ready to do Zach's seats but I have to tell him where to send his fabric. I am sending her the seat skins from my bus seats, too smile.gif I just got quoted $600 of the bus seats from a local shop. Too steep if you ask me.
Bleyseng
I got my Westy seat kits from a shop in SoCal for $250 for both. Westy green plaid with a close green vinyl..

My black leather 914 seats have seen better days so I am in...would love to redo em in black leather with a perforated back and seat. Smooth and shiney is sticky in the summer..
megfourfun
This would awesome if it happens. Keep us updated, and add me to the list!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.