Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 2.0 FI 130k miles - Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Root_Werks
Runs drives great. Recent rust fix including new engine shelf. Lots new, good compression, no smoke, very strong. Stainless Steel heaters work great.
Root_Werks
Bumpers are great, rubber tops great, new CAMP pilot driving lights, factory center console with gauges. New rear window with seal. All lights work, driven daily.

Has Mahle Wheel with brand new 195/60 P6's with Mahle spare in the front trunk. Cash talks. Time to start a new project.

smash.gif welder.gif

I'll see if I can find more pictures.
Root_Werks
Engine out repairs, done right.
Root_Werks
Other side all new....
Root_Werks
After the engine went back in. I made sure everything got hooked back up like the vapor cannistor ect.
Root_Werks
Front side....
Root_Werks
Has Engman inner long kit installed as well as extra engine bay braces. Very stiff chassis, good brakes, all lights work.

Windshield is cracked, doesn't leak though. Seals okay, no major leaks unless it really, really rains. Rear trunk seems to stay nice and dry. Main targa seal is decent, but split on the pass side.

The Engman inner long kit when it was installed:
914werke
I though I recognized that CL ad.
Root_Werks
Noobs. dry.gif

Getting requests for more pictures, here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=88222&st=0

-Dan
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 14 2008, 09:00 PM) *

I though I recognized that CL ad.

I have on tap a possible super secret project I cannot swing without selling the purple 914 first. If the super secret project car falls through then I will certainly keep the purple 914. No intention of selling it other than something came up....well talked him into it sort of. smile.gif
Tom
Dan,
It is OK. You just can't help yourself anymore. The 914 bug is deeply embedded in you. Good luck on your sale and secret project.
Tom
Root_Werks
Thanks Tom, I know the market is a little weak for 914's or heck even sports cars right now, but at $4K, I'm a little surprised this hasn't been snatched up. Add up a couple things:

Mahles with new P6's 195/60/15's - $500 at least
Engman inner long kit...installed $600 at least
Hell hole rust repair all done, well doesn't "Add" any value other than the 914 is one without rust issues anymore.
Front/rear trunks look great
SSI - $500-$700 confused24.gif
FI 2.0 with 120psig +/- 2lbs on all cyl's
Morph factory center console with 6"sub, car came with factory gauges-clock keeps time even!
Cool Grant steering wheel with horn that works
Koni reds confused24.gif

Interior is nice, dash only has I think one little crack in it.

Windshield is toast
Paint is a 6 on a 1-10

Like all 914's I'm sure anyone could make a list of stuff it could use or need, but it drives 80 miles a day, heater, fresh air, locks, stereo all work. Nice car, even in rainy Seattle.

I'm almost talking myself into keeping it. Crap, how am I suppose to tell the wife? Anyone got a place I can hide another 914? laugh.gif
sixnotfour
almost new bursch, John Walker severiced transmissin (dont know what exactly, the previous owner said JW fixed the trans.)
barada
If it was about 1000 miles closer it would be sold :^)
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 17 2008, 04:29 PM) *

Anyone got a place I can hide another 914? laugh.gif

I'd have room if I put Greenie outside. happy11.gif
sixnotfour
I'd have room if I put Greenie outside.

In the Snow
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 17 2008, 08:08 PM) *

I'd have room if I put Greenie outside.

In the Snow

laugh.gif huh.gif

Tranny shifts really good confused24.gif Maybe just had syncros replaced or something?

Root_Werks
The 914 is currently in postion waiting for a new fuel pump.
Root_Werks
Interior shot. The whiteness around the steering wheel adapter is just the powdery stuff they put on the rubber to protect it. It really shows up when the camera flash hits it. There is only one very small crack in the dash that I have seen and one small tear in the drivers seat. Backpad is nice. Rear window is brand new tinted safety glass with new seal of course. That is the new Morph center console, all gauges work, clock works all lights work. ALL lights work, reverse lights even!
Root_Werks
Car was originally silver, color change was good, they got pretty much everything. Rear trunk seems to stay nice and dry even in the worst rains I've had it sit in while at work and driving. Trunks are very clean, better than the pictures depict. Note the cool kitty foot prints on the rear fender. MEOW!
Root_Werks
Front trunk.... I tested a small spot of paint for color match....which wasn't a match at all. Oops.
Root_Werks
5th Mahle spare. This is a very solid car after all I have put into it. Super factory looking repairs? Most are yes, but underneath I was concerned with removal and strength. Note in the engine compartment pics the extra cross brace. that makes a huge difference!

I have people who can veryify this test.

I can put this 914 up on 4 jackstands (Seems to like it) unsure.gif and under one of them put a 1/2" thick board under it and guess what? There will be a 1/2" gap from the jackstand to the car on the oposite corner and you can rock the car back and forth that 1/2".

Yes, it's that stiff for an open roof even! Put people in it and I don't know if it would still do that, but it DON'T flex!
carr914
QUOTE(barada @ Dec 17 2008, 09:43 PM) *

If it was about 1000 miles closer it would be sold :^)

Shipping is not that expensive, especially when you find a car that you like.

Good Luck Dan, Happy Holidays santa_smiley.gif

T.C.
IronHillRestorations
Somebodys gonna get a good deal! Nice car Dan!
blu82
Wow, talk about bad timing. I've been searching for a 914 for the last year (or two). Lookin for a decent 73 or 74 2.0L with appearance group. You're only a hop, skip and a jump from where I'm at down here in the land of Burien. Problem is, my wife's company laid off 98% of her office last month and she was included.

You mentioned $3500 in an earlier post. Is that your new price?

Thanks,
Vince
Root_Werks
I actually bumped the price up a little. I think I would be kicking myself later if someone lowballed me and I took anything less than what a decent 2.0FI car should be worth.

There's wiggle room in that $4200. wink.gif
Heeltoe914
The car will sell, Its a very nice driver car. Someone will be very happy to own it. The market is bad for selling most anything and may be for some time to come.
But if you have the bucks to buy WOW! its a buyers market.
blu82
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 19 2008, 06:16 AM) *

I actually bumped the price up a little. I think I would be kicking myself later if someone lowballed me and I took anything less than what a decent 2.0FI car should be worth.

There's wiggle room in that $4200. wink.gif

Heh, heh, I see that you bumped up the price on your previous post. Well, if my wife and I can find solid employment after the holiday's, and you're still trying to sell, I just might be knocking at your door.

There is something I would like to understand from any of the very knowledgable 914 folks here, and please, please know that I'm not trying to be a turd. A couple of comments here states that this is a very nice car and someone is going to get a good deal. Is it a very nice car because you have it at a great price, or because of the work you've done makes it better than new? What I see is a 914 that's not in original color (maybe it was repainted after an accident?), had some major rust issues, and driven daily in the rain. Then again, what the heck do I know. Again, Im not trying to be a turd and I apologize if I come across that way, but I'm just trying understand what constitutes this being a very nice car. I want to know what you guys know/see/think when you're looking at (or wanting to buy) this car.

I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to these cars other than to watch out for a few of the main trouble areas of rust. I had a 1975 2.0L about 20+ years ago, but owned it only for a short time. A couple of years ago, I recalled how much fun it was to drive, and now I'm hoping to own another. It also could be that I'm going through a midlife crisis.
Root_Werks
Deposit recieved this morning. Still waiting on the new fuel pump, but the guy knows Porsches, has a 356, local guy. I showed him everything I welded/repaired. He was happy with the work. So now all the little guy has to do is actually start when the new fuel pump is installed. laugh.gif
sotaro
Has this car been sold?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.