Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We need another meeting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JoeSharp
I have had requests for a swap-meet and an 914 R/C challenge to be at the event. Oh and yes, go karts at the Streets.
Any sugestions as to a place and time. We need to get together and talk.
euro911
Just announce when, and where ...
dw914er
ill try to make it
G e o r g e
popcorn[1].gif when and where?
JoeSharp
Come on you guys, with the Holidays and everything that goes with it, it can't be that easy.
How about breakfast at the Pacific Diner. Saturday or Sunday?
JoeSharp
Or maybe we should do this at the Hang-over Rally.
euro911
This Sunday's not good for me ...

Jan 1 sounds OK ... and it'll b here b4 we know it

popcorn[1].gif
JoeSharp
Tenative Agenda

Fri: 5pm-? Meet and Greet

Sat: 6am-9am Coffee and Cars.

7am-9am Swap-meet.

8am- 9am R/C Car Challange.

9:14am Ride to ?

12noon-3pm A NARP "Q"

3pm Return Ride

Your on our own.

Sun: Ride to the Inn of Lancaster.

3pm-5pm Show and Shine.

7pm-9pm Awards Dinner.

Mon: 7am-8:30 Tech at The Streets Of Willow.

12noon-? Team NARP "Q"

Then you get to go home or where ever you want.

We have other things to discuss. Like the use of go-karts at the streets, the licence plates, the regestration from, and what else I don't remember.
G e o r g e
Joe are you saying to have a swap meet at coffee and cars? and the rc challenge?

do we have art work yet? If we get the Art work finalized we can have shirts made to raise $

I haven't done anything towards asking for donations, as nothing has been approved yet

and we have never set a price point as to what the "donors " receive at different levels of giving

How much $ do we need to raise? are we doing an auction or door prizes?

JoeSharp
Hey George, we got together at Thomas's shop and went thru the stuff we had on hand. I brought your questions with me and this is what we desided.
Car and Coffee is only 4 blocks from the hotel. so the Swap meet will be at the hotel and the R/C challenge is moved to after the drive on Saturday at the hotel.
As far as the money goes.
We need
4k for the track
2k for the licence plates
1.4k for the t-shirts
1.5k for 3 Bar-B-Q's
2k for awards and banquet.
Hats ???
Lets call it 11k
The plates should pay for themselves thru advertising. If we charge $90 per person and get 100 paid entries that will cover everything. The silent auction will bring in some money, porbably another 1k. What ever you generate through the vendors will be a bounus.
kenschipper
I have my wife's (Kathy) design firm working on the artwork today. Hope to have it available shortly. Will be posted to their FTP site so that it can be directly downloaded by the printers, etc.

It will be in a number of formats... full color, black and white, full size, and reduced for web use. If a printer need it in a special format just let them know and they can turn it around very quickly.

Kathys direct email address is kathy@schipperdesign.com

Just reference the WCR and she will know what it is regarding.

Ken Schipper
G e o r g e
QUOTE(kenschipper @ Jan 7 2009, 07:19 AM) *

I have my wife's (Kathy) design firm working on the artwork today. Hope to have it available shortly. Will be posted to their FTP site so that it can be directly downloaded by the printers, etc.

It will be in a number of formats... full color, black and white, full size, and reduced for web use. If a printer need it in a special format just let them know and they can turn it around very quickly.

Kathys direct email address is kathy@schipperdesign.com

Just reference the WCR and she will know what it is regarding.

Ken Schipper

Cool

Didn't even know you were working on it

I sent her an email asking for the link
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jan 2 2009, 11:02 AM) *

Hey George, we got together at Thomas's shop and went thru the stuff we had on hand. I brought your questions with me and this is what we desided.
Car and Coffee is only 4 blocks from the hotel. so the Swap meet will be at the hotel and the R/C challenge is moved to after the drive on Saturday at the hotel.
As far as the money goes.
We need
4k for the track
2k for the licence plates
1.4k for the t-shirts
1.5k for 3 Bar-B-Q's
2k for awards and banquet.
Hats ???
Lets call it 11k
The plates should pay for themselves thru advertising. If we charge $90 per person and get 100 paid entries that will cover everything. The silent auction will bring in some money, probably another 1k. What ever you generate through the vendors will be a bonus.

Joe

Do you have particular vendors in mind to offer the Plate too?

after the art work is finalized I'll get a quote on hats/shirts embroidery

I'll get a quote from my t shirt guy as well

Can I use Paul's emblem logo for letterhead, or is Kens wife making something that fills this need as well?
JoeSharp
George, I think that Paul's would come on as a more offical looking as a Letter Head and that the WCR Logo would be better for things like the T's, hats and plates. As far as the Vendor's go in the past we have just put it out to the board and sold space to whoever wanted to pay for it. In 06 I put up $500 for the right to have Team NARP on it. I'm hoping to talk John Petterson into handling the plates as he has done so in the past. He has a conection for them. If you have seen how many plates he has you would be amaized. Thousends. 914's from every state and provedience. 1st 2nd and 3rd from the Carretera Panamerica circa 1954. He is into it.
Bill Kennedy at Meguires is a contact that Howard used. Also I keep seeing a name at Mothers but I can't remember. Jim Holloway I think but I'm not sure.
G e o r g e
has the Art work been released?
JoeSharp
I don't think so. I asked Ken to post it here when it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.