Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Rocker Arm Shims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Type 4 Unleashed
I had some SS rocker arm shims made in a .015" thickness, to help in setting up rocker arm side play, when installing rocker spacers. And can also be used to center the rocker adjusters, such as the 911, on the valve tips.

Depending on who's rocker spacers are used, either steel or aluminum, it's often found that they are either too tight or too loose, when trying to set the side play with just the stock .040" shims that come originaly on the rockers.

So if it's too tight pull a .040" shim out and replace it with two .015" shims. Or if it's too loose add a single .015" shim.

Another tip, it doesn't matter which rocker stud you use, the stock 7mm or the heavy duty 8mm rocker stud, which is recommend for dual springs and above spring pressures. You can get extra rocker side play or tighten them up, by moving the rocker stands on the rocker studs before you tighten them down.

My setting procedure is to use a .004 to .005" feeler gauge, place it against the rocker shaft between the rocker spacer & rocker then lightly with your thumb & middle finger hold the rocker stands together enough to keep the feeler gauge in place then snug the nuts down on the rocker stands, then check how loose or tight the feeler gauge is, should you need to loosen or tighten any, you will only need to loosen one rocker stand, for this final adjustment. After you are satisfied with the claarance, torque the stands to the recommended specs.

The price is $12 shipped cont US, for 16 .015 " shims more than enough to do four Type lV rocker shafts.

"EDIT"

For those who would like to get the 911 adjusters perfectly centered on the valve stem, a little extra expense is involved, you can have some material machined off the side of the rocker stands, to allow the rockers to move over to center. This is a extra stept I do for me, but it's really not necessary. Orignaly the the rocker tips were set up off center on the stems, and the keepers butt which allows the stem to rotate in the keepers. This was used to rotate the valves, and the idea was to clean the valve face and seat from rotating the valve. But with HP applicatins now, it is recommended that the keepers have a space between them so the valve can no longer rotate, which keeps the keeper groves on the stem from wearing out. With the 911 adjusters the valves are not going to rotate anyways, and you should have gone to the clearanced keepers.

craig downs
I would like a set
Let know the type of funds you want.
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(craig downs @ Dec 17 2008, 11:23 AM) *

I would like a set

Hi Craig

PM me your address, and I will send you mine with payment info.
Gint
I'll take a set also. I'll PM for details (paypal address, etc...).
Gint
Check's in the mail...
Type 4 Unleashed
Craig & Gint, Shims mailed out today.

Thanks
craig downs
Thanks Richard the check is on its way.
Gint
Thanks Richard!
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 18 2008, 02:33 PM) *

Check's in the mail...

Hi Gint payment received Sat Thanks.

Would of posted sooner, but there have been Technical Difficulty's, but it's all better now... av-943.gif

Have the shims showed ?
Gint
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Dec 24 2008, 04:52 PM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 18 2008, 02:33 PM) *
Check's in the mail...
Hi Gint payment received Sat Thanks.

Would of posted sooner, but there have been Technical Difficulty's, but it's all better now... av-943.gif

Have the shims showed ?

Yes sir. Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(craig downs @ Dec 17 2008, 11:23 AM) *

I would like a set

Hi Craig

Payment received Thanks
And a few extra ?
craig downs
Oh good glad you finally got it and I just threw in a little extra.
Thanks for offering these and good timing as I just finished my engine on Sunday by putting in the pushrods and the rockers, which needed a few of the shims.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.