Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looks like Dr Evil is going to Chicago 12/30
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
One of my medical licensing exams is pretty booked up, but there was an opening that fit perfect into my schedule on the 30th of Dec. I'll drive there from here and get there on the 29th. Any locals wanna meet up? Maybe can recommend a cheap motel for the night?

The test center is located at:

8501 West Higgins Road, 6th Floor
Chicago, IL 60631

I will be there unless something pops up here in Philly in the mean time.
Beamer13
I believe that is actually the Schaumburg area? I will actually be driving there tomorrow for the day from Green Bay. Some of the less expensive hotels around there would be the Hampton Inn (which is off of Higgins) The Comfort Suites (which is just off of Higgins as well) Alot of those hotels have corporate rates for alot of companies due to the amount of headquarters' that are in Schaumburg area (My HQ is right across from those hotels on higgins). So check for Corporate rates. That is also around the Woodfield mall (used to be the largest until the Mall of America) Plenty of eating places around there as well. If you partake of the nightlife there are quite a few establishments around there as well ( Entourage, Alumni Club (used to be owned by Walter Peyton) Champps (Sports Bar'ish) There is also a Brew pub on Mall Drive I think that is pretty decent as well as has good food)

Have fun there, it isn't a bad town at all, I am there at least every other week.
race914
Instead of driving to Chicago, can't you just buy a passing score from Blagojevich?

Just wondering....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(race914 @ Dec 17 2008, 03:28 PM) *

Instead of driving to Chicago, can't you just buy a passing score from Blagojevich?

Just wondering....

Damn! Beat me to it! The Cap'n
scotty b
QUOTE(race914 @ Dec 17 2008, 03:28 PM) *

Just wondering....

What's this? ....

A political comment ???

NO POST FOR YOU 3 WEEKS NO COME BACK !!!! NEXT
Dr Evil
I was waiting for the Blago comments rolleyes.gif He doesnt have the power wink.gif
Dr Evil
Friggen web site keeps teasing me. There is an opening tomorrow morning in Philly... I cant make it. The openings often happen at 11p for the next day and are no good after 12a dry.gif People chickening out at the very last minute.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 17 2008, 05:36 PM) *

I was waiting for the Blago comments rolleyes.gif He doesn't have the power wink.gif

Don't tell him that ..................... There'll be a horde of State troopers waiting for you at the state line, ready and willing to reenact the closing chase scenes from The Blues Brothers. The Cap'n
Trevorg7
Don't forget your paperwork.

wink.gif

T
GeorgeRud
Your test sight is about 5 minutes from my house in Park Ridge, and there is a Comfort Inn on Touhy Ave. in Des Plaines, IL, that is about as close to your test sight. I think a room there is about $80/night, and that's about the cheapest you'll find in the area (that anyone would actually want to sleep in). There is also a Hilton Garden Suites on River Rd, but it is more expensive. Both are 5 minute drives to your test sight. There are many hotels in Rosemont, IL (just next to O'Hare airport), it just depends how much you want to spend.

I'll be in town, though I don't know my schedule yet. My veterinary clinic is also right down the road from where you'll be staying. If it can work, I'd love to get together for a drink or dinner if possible and meet the Trans Dr. I know you'll want to be up all night studying for your boards. I remember when I had to take my Vet Boards, it was real nice to be done with them!
Dr Evil
Right on, George. I wont be studying before the test as it is just a clinical skills test. I just go in and act like I am at work dry.gif Formality. So the night before would be good for meeting up if we can.

Trevor - tongue.gif I wont forget the paperwork.
plas76targa
George,

Charge him $85 for the night - he doesn't eat much and if you invite him with honor he brings his own beer!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Dec 17 2008, 10:28 PM) *

Don't forget your paperwork.

wink.gif

T

He is a Doctor... they won't be able to read it anyway... poke.gif
gms
I am in... PM sent
Dr Evil
Right on thumb3d.gif
Bartlett 914
Sounds like fun. Schaumburg isn't far from me. Have you decided on where you will be staying? Lots of meeting places around.
Root_Werks
Oh Mike, one more thing, don't forget the paper work. wink.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 19 2008, 04:18 PM) *

Oh Mike, one more thing, don't forget the paper work. wink.gif

Dude, that shit is not funny mad.gif I came to you guys with my problem about the paper work and all you can do is tease me about it mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Just kidding KMA.gif
jimkelly
good luck with the test

i find that sitting next to the smartest person in the room and turning my head to a 90 degree angle in that persons's direction helps alot : ) YMMV : )

Dr Evil
Not on this test. 12 patients, individual rooms, and individual kiosks for writing your clinical note with 15min per each pt and note.
warrenoliver
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 19 2008, 03:54 PM) *

Not on this test. 12 patients, individual rooms, and individual kiosks for writing your clinical note with 15min per each pt and note.

Mike,

Just don't forget to wash your hands before and after each patient. It's the simple stuff that will get you.

Good luck.

Warrenoliver
Dr Evil
I glove. That washing stuff takes too long and makes the hands raw. They do grade you on it, and draping the patient, and shaking their hand, and using their name, and.............
jimkelly
some years ago i went to the hospital with my friends, a buddy and his wife. she had had issues her whole life and she was going in for surgey to remove what we were told was a golf ball size tumor in the pelvic area. so me and my buddy waited in the waiting room for hours, watching tv and essentially expecting no surprises, but finally the two doctors came out covered a large amount of blood and immediately started to explain to my buddy that once in they realized that they needed to remove much more than originally expected - they touted their work as an HEROIC MEASURE - i won't go into the detail of their description, but it was heart stopping to hear. we were stunned, i immediately told these two doctors before they left us, that i expected a much higher level of compassion when they explain the same subject to my buddy's wife when she wakes up. not a day i will ever forget. doctors need to never forget this stuff is not routine for their patients.
Dr Evil
Came out covered in blood? That shit isnt supposed to happen for sooo many reasons. Surgeons tend to be less people oriented, but that is pretty bad.
Dr Evil
Any word on this? Place? I wont be able to organize anything so if someone wants to act as POC that would be awesome. smile.gif I intend to leave here early tomorrow to allow for traffic and weather. One of my friends and classmates volunteered to come along so it will be safer and he will help me study on the way. I am staying about a mile from the test center.
ericread
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 17 2008, 09:05 PM) *

I'll be in town, though I don't know my schedule yet. My veterinary clinic is also right down the road from where you'll be staying. If it can work, I'd love to get together for a drink or dinner if possible and meet the Trans Dr. I know you'll want to be up all night studying for your boards. I remember when I had to take my Vet Boards, it was real nice to be done with them!

That is so awesome!!! If you don't pass your tests, maybe he can get you a job at this veterinary clinic???

Eric lol3.gif

GeorgeRud
Unfortunately, MDs are like Veterinarians, but are restricted to only one species!

Hopefully the weather will be nice to you on your drive. I think that Chicago is going to be cold but basically clear. This place was an absolute mess the other day. They were even closing the interstates because of icy conditions.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.