Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hangover Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Village Coffee Roaster in Calabasas off the 101 frwy 9:14 am. Take the Valley Circle offramp head towrd the mountain, look for the shopping center on the East side of Valley Circle. The VillagE Roater is one of many stores there...big parking lot out front.
The mexican place in Zuma sounds great for lunch.

These have been great days for a run, the freeways are empty and the traffic is light. There are always great cars to see on Mulholland and we'll be dropping drown to Zuma Beach for lunch. Here's a couple of pics from the 2008 914 contingent:
TC 914-8
Hi Jim,

Man You're killing me. I grew up in Woodland Hills and used to fly thru the SM mountains weekly in my 914 back in the 80's. Mulholland to Stunt road is a great run. Stop at "The Top Of the World" over looking Malibu and sights of WLA and SF Valley on each side of the road.
Well, while my car is bundled up in the garage, I would love to be there. Jan 1st is the perfect time for that cruse, good call. Have a good time. Happy Holidays.

Tony
johnnie5
I grew up in W.L.A as well in the '80's. I was roaring up and down canyons like Topanga, Lattigo, Malibu, Kanan Dune, Mullhulland, and many more I can't even remember the names of! I had a guards red '75 back in the day that I puy KYB's in, and thought I was the shiznit ( I was 19). Ahhh the memories! Thanks for that!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Dec 20 2008, 09:25 PM) *

Hi Jim,

Man You're killing me. I grew up in Woodland Hills and used to fly thru the SM mountains weekly in my 914 back in the 80's. Mulholland to Stunt road is a great run. Stop at "The Top Of the World" over looking Malibu and sights of WLA and SF Valley on each side of the road.
Well, while my car is bundled up in the garage, I would love to be there. Jan 1st is the perfect time for that cruse, good call. Have a good time. Happy Holidays.

Tony

Tony, Your new car would really like to flex some muscle up stump road....
TC 914-8
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 24 2008, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Dec 20 2008, 09:25 PM) *

Hi Jim,

Tony

Tony, Your new car would really like to flex some muscle up stump road....

Great Picture, Well get together again soon!!!!
BMXerror
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 20 2008, 01:55 PM) *

Here's a couple of pics from the 2008 914 contingent:

Ummm... I could be wrong, but the one in the back is either an Ultima, or a HIGHLY modified 914! biggrin.gif
Mark D.
BMXerror
Whoops..... delete! headbang.gif
2-OH!
Hey guys, Anyone still goin'...This shindig still on ???

I think I have a Kitchen pass...

2-OH!
jim_hoyland
Yup, see you there.
KaptKaos
Not looking good for me at the moment, but I have 2 days yet to fix the exhaust.
gary gartner

Oh, come on Joe, Carlos, Dr. Bob, you know you'll miss a great drive.
We won't dis-own you if ou drive sumptin else------or will we guys??????
Just back from Co. lookin forward to Not having to wear 6 sayerws of clothes.
see you at 9:14

Gary driving.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Dec 24 2008, 04:36 PM) *

I grew up in W.L.A as well in the '80's. I was roaring up and down canyons like Topanga, Lattigo, Malibu, Kanan Dune, Mullhulland, and many more I can't even remember the names of! I had a guards red '75 back in the day that I puy KYB's in, and thought I was the shiznit ( I was 19). Ahhh the memories! Thanks for that!

Drove through Topanga canyon a few weeks ago with Neil Young blasted on the stereo... Kept wishing I had the 914 sad.gif
JoeSharp
Had a blast today. Rob's wife took lots of pictures. She has a pic of The NARB smoking a tire out of a turn. The only time that Betsy complained was when I gapped the 3.0 -6 that was following me. Rob's car is FAST!!!
TC 914-8
Well.....Any Pictures of the Hangover run, or did you all go sit and wach the parade?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 1 2009, 07:03 PM) *

Well.....Any Pictures of the Hangover run, or did you all go sit and wach the parade?

Tony, Look on the NARP board; Andy and Rob have posted most of the pictures: http://z8.invisionfree.com/ClubNARP/index.php?showtopic=4771
greenie
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 1 2009, 07:19 PM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 1 2009, 07:03 PM) *

Tony, Look on the NARP board; Andy and Rob have posted most of the pictures: http://z8.invisionfree.com/ClubNARP/index.php?showtopic=4771

Hi Jim beerchug.gif

You & the car very studly!

What great pictures & weather.

Happy New Year!
TC 914-8
Hi Jim,

I saw the pictures, Great weather and looks like a "great day for motor car racing"

Have a happy, safe, new year, see you soon,

Tony
johnnie5
Even though I don't really know the group, I really wanted to come up from Diego and join you guys for this (pics look great). Car is still getting finishing touches from 5 lug conversion and motor swap and is not quite ready for a road trip. sad.gif Maybe next year...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Jan 2 2009, 08:01 AM) *

Even though I don't really know the group, I really wanted to come up from Diego and join you guys for this (pics look great). Car is still getting finishing touches from 5 lug conversion and motor swap and is not quite ready for a road trip. sad.gif Maybe next year...

Don Traver ( sp) drove his 914/6 up from San Diego.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.