Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: correct dust shield (boot) for rear 911 M caliper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wes V
I'm re-building a set of rear 911 "M" calipers and need some information on fitment of the dust shield (boot). I'm trying to get the correct ones.I don't have the originals to look at (PO took them off).

What should the seal, seal against?

IPB Image

The dust shield shown is from the FAG kit numbered RKS3801 and it is loose around the bore of the piston, where the yellow arrows are pointing.

When installed (and the piston is at the bottom of the bore), it appears to seal against the surface pointed to by the blue arrow.

The piston is one from Zim's and is dimensionally the same as the original.

Wes Vann
Ericv1
QUOTE(Wes V @ Dec 24 2008, 09:33 PM) *

I'm re-building a set of rear 911 "M" calipers and need some information on fitment of the dust shield (boot). I'm trying to get the correct ones.I don't have the originals to look at (PO took them off).

What should the seal, seal against?

IPB Image

The dust shield shown is from the FAG kit numbered RKS3801 and it is loose around the bore of the piston, where the yellow arrows are pointing.

When installed (and the piston is at the bottom of the bore), it appears to seal against the surface pointed to by the blue arrow.

The piston is one from Zim's and is dimensionally the same as the original.

Wes Vann

I just rebuilt a pair a short while ago. The boot should seal around the bore of the piston (yellow arrows). I got my replacement kits from pelican and they were fine. Eric
Wes V
QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Dec 25 2008, 08:22 AM) *

I just rebuilt a pair a short while ago. The boot should seal around the bore of the piston (yellow arrows). I got my replacement kits from pelican and they were fine. Eric

The kit I've got, that fits loose on the bore, was purchased from Pelican.

Once seeing how it fit, I called Zim's and ordered the kit for the pistons I had purchased from them. That kit is a Porsche factory kit number 901.352.964.11 and it appears to be for a different size piston. (35mm?) Although I could stretch the seal to fit around the piston, it wouldn't fit the caliper body.

Wes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.